Eason 陈奕迅 DUO 2011 Concert in Melbourne

So the seniors took Sunday - the busiest day of the week - night off, just to watch Eason Chan's concert held at Melbourne Convention Center on 22 May 2011. Honestly who cares if the restaurant survives or not? I'm sure things will be fine, though perhaps with a few pairs of more experience hands things will definitely be smoother. 

Prior to the concert, Jeremy came to my house to pick me up, along with Benise and Frankie, and together we traveled to the city and had dinner at Jade's Kitchen in Chinatown. Eating together with us were Jeremy's housemate, as well as a friend of hers. Anyway the 6 of us went to the concert together after finishing our dinner. Parking was kinda tricky, but all went well and we went into the auditorium closer to 8.30pm (the concert was supposed to start at 8.15pm). Less than 5 minutes after we sat down and having fun with our glow sticks, the concert started.

Honestly this was my first canto concert. Eason was great~ I know 85% of the songs he has sung, though he did sing a few Mandarin ones given that many of the audience are Mainlanders. However, the conversation that he held with the audience were mainly in Cantonese (though halfway through someone in the audience stand pleaded for him to speak Mandarin!). I know for a fact that he speaks good Mandarin, but his English was what surprised me. I never really follow entertainment news, but I was told that he has had part of his education somewhere else (I think it was in UK or Canada). Either way, his concert was highly entertaining, and his conversation session got us laughing really hard. 

The concert lasted 2.5 hours, all the way til 11pm. There was only 1 encore though cuz time's up. But after the audience's pleading ENCORES and Eason came back up, the performance got a lot more interesting. Many people crowded nearer to the stage, and Eason got his dance crew to get everyone to stand up and follow the vibe of the music. Overall, it was great~ Though it might be better if we have had a better seat for the price we have paid! We were being seated behind the camera and the technician crew! They were sort of blocking our view! :(

Ticket to the show~

From my seat, it is difficult to capture any good photos...
My camera is hopeless, so I just used my iphone
 

Sitting behind the camera and technician crew really doesn't help, but then at least when we can't get a perfect view we managed to see Eason through the TV screens 

Glow sticks were provided at the auditorium. Everyone has one. 

Eason shaking hands with the very eager crowd.

Finishing act - Eason had his dance crew and finished off with his song "背包"
Benise and I~
2 of Sozai's most senior staff were out on a crucial Sunday night. But bleah... we deserve a break!
Jeremy and I~
My favorite 'didi' - a very nice boy who always offer me a ride home after work, lent me his Harry Potter book collection, and also big plastic container boxes for me to pack my stuff for moving house. 

Cissy and Evan were there too, but then they got the cheaper tickets and were at the other side of the auditorium
Met them up for a short while after the concert 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for Tuesday. I really really really wish that job would be mine eventually!! 
And then moving house on Sat/Sun. Still not half packed! Big week ahead!

Comments