Daylight Savings... Yet Again

It's the start of daylight savings again, and we lose an hour. It's supposed to be 2AM now, but then with daylight savings it's now 3AM instead. We're now 3 hours ahead of Singapore. Summer's approaching us soon, even the weather this couple of days were slightly warmer (a very very very nice and breezy 22 degrees today, and I can go out without my jacket during the day!). I wish the weather stays between 20-25 degrees, with warm sunshine and cool breeze............How nice would that be??

Just finished work feeling like a complete fool. For some reason today I wasn't very alert. Gave the wrong change to customers TWICE. Dang... Imagine, customer ordered $96 worth of takeaway, and gave me $100 cash. I am supposed to give $4 back. Who doesn't know that? However, for some stupid reason my mind churned out a 40cents change and gave to the customer, sensing no mistake (initially). The customer took his takeaway and was about to walk out, when he turned back inquiring if his takeaway actually cost $96. I said "yes, and you gave me $100". It was then I answered my own question and went "OHHHHH I've only given you 40 CENTS!!" and my face flushed bright red. I must've looked just like a ripe tomato then. The customer wasn't very nice, and remarked "Hey it's simple mathematics!" and I went even redder. Gen-san was standing there looking at me, don't know whether to laugh at me or not. I felt like an idiot. Totally. I just want to go somewhere and hide my face. I don't even know what has came over me.

The entire day went on like a blur. I wasn't really pumped up for the night, for whatever reason. I was glad when I finished at 9.30pm, and went over to Giorgios with Yiyi for our late dinner. The people there remembered us as we went over last week, also a Saturday, and we ordered so much food. In fact, TOO much food for 2 girls. But we always finish most of our food. That hungry after a night's work. 

Photobucket

My cocktail drink called Cryptonite Blazer. A mixture of white creme de cacao, wild turkey, lemon juice and orange rind. A very strong drink which shocks you with the first sip, but delightful for liquor lover like me. A good drink after a foolish day at work... 
Last week I had a Lemon Meringue cocktail, which is not as strong, with a mixture of vodka, cointreau and lemon juice. 
I am still waiting for myself to fully recover from my cough, and I'm going to attack those few bottles of liquor I've bought from DFS on my way back.... 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

One of our colleagues, Tina, is leaving for Geelong, and she just sent over some photos she took with us before she left. Tina is one of our chefs. 

Photobucket

All the best!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Next week I am at work everyday except Tuesday, when I will be having classes. And I will probably have 2 parties to attend as well, and also to settle some stuff like tax amendments and claim my medicare etc... I foresee a busy busy week!



*I've upgraded my current iPhone 3 to iOS4.1 software. Basically, I have a 'iPhone4' now but minus a few functions and apps since my mobile is the older version one. The upgrade kinda slowed the operations of my entire phone, but after rebooting it's much better. I think I'll wait... iPhone 5 is rumoured to be coming out July'11. I think I can hold on til then... :) 



Comments

Popular Posts