Why am I sick YET AGAIN???
Just when I am going to be traveling overseas, I fell sick... It was only a month ago I was sick, and now I am sick again. And such horrible timing too! How unlucky can I get?!
On Sunday morning when I woke, I felt like the flu bug has bitten me. My head hurts. My throat aches. My body muscles seem to be weak and stiff. After fixing lunch and taking Panadol, I thought I felt better, and went to work as usual in the evening. To my dismay, I went into Sozai and found out that Benise had arranged me to work in the BAR. Imagine, BAR position on a Sunday night is totally berserk (read my previous post)! I've yet to work in the bar before on Sunday since the boss prefers a certain 'shoe-licker' (long story here so I don't want to go further) in the bar than anyone else. Now he has changed things around and wants me in the bar, and the 'shoe-licker' be the person in-charge of training. Gosh... Benise and I are outraged with these atrocious decisions, but there's nothing we can do but to listen to the boss. HE'S the BOSS after all. What can we little ones say?? Even if Benise and I are the seniors, we can't even overthrow this 'shoe-licker'.... For months I have pacified myself to just let it be. It's not a long-term job, and her pay is the same as mine BUT she has added responsibilities. Strictly speaking, I get the better offer.
After resting for 12 hours til Monday afternoon, I felt better. But my throat is constantly dry, and I still feel slightly faint. I stepped into Sozai knowing I will be in the BAR again. And I was right. It wasn't that crazy on a Monday night, but the restaurant was full. Plus, there were only 4 of us, so I was helping outside as well as managing my own section. It's easy job for me to handle 10 things at the same time, however, I was under the weather, which makes everything all different.
Tuesday noon - Just woke up with an interrupted sleep, dreading the fact that I am still housing that flu bug inside me. I felt like postponing my trip til I am better, but my flight is tomorrow morning 2.40AM. Postponing is more likely to be harder, plus with an additional cost. I don't want to get near to Mummy if I am sick, knowing that she is weak, and her immune system is weak too. But how can I possibly recover within the next 9 hours or so before I board the plane; or in the next 20 hours or so before I reach destination? Plus, there isn't enough time for me to really rest now... I haven't quite packed, and I am still reading on Qatar, and planning for possible short escapes to Bahrain, UAE or Saudi Arabia. I know it's probably gonna be impossible, especially if I have my parents with me, but then what if they actually LET me go? 8 days in Doha is probably a bit too long... I don't mind 2 days spent elsewhere...
Anyhoooo, I am going to fix myself a hot honey lemon now. This drink really make me feel heaps better... And hopefully I will feel better when I reach Qatar.
On Sunday morning when I woke, I felt like the flu bug has bitten me. My head hurts. My throat aches. My body muscles seem to be weak and stiff. After fixing lunch and taking Panadol, I thought I felt better, and went to work as usual in the evening. To my dismay, I went into Sozai and found out that Benise had arranged me to work in the BAR. Imagine, BAR position on a Sunday night is totally berserk (read my previous post)! I've yet to work in the bar before on Sunday since the boss prefers a certain 'shoe-licker' (long story here so I don't want to go further) in the bar than anyone else. Now he has changed things around and wants me in the bar, and the 'shoe-licker' be the person in-charge of training. Gosh... Benise and I are outraged with these atrocious decisions, but there's nothing we can do but to listen to the boss. HE'S the BOSS after all. What can we little ones say?? Even if Benise and I are the seniors, we can't even overthrow this 'shoe-licker'.... For months I have pacified myself to just let it be. It's not a long-term job, and her pay is the same as mine BUT she has added responsibilities. Strictly speaking, I get the better offer.
After resting for 12 hours til Monday afternoon, I felt better. But my throat is constantly dry, and I still feel slightly faint. I stepped into Sozai knowing I will be in the BAR again. And I was right. It wasn't that crazy on a Monday night, but the restaurant was full. Plus, there were only 4 of us, so I was helping outside as well as managing my own section. It's easy job for me to handle 10 things at the same time, however, I was under the weather, which makes everything all different.
Tuesday noon - Just woke up with an interrupted sleep, dreading the fact that I am still housing that flu bug inside me. I felt like postponing my trip til I am better, but my flight is tomorrow morning 2.40AM. Postponing is more likely to be harder, plus with an additional cost. I don't want to get near to Mummy if I am sick, knowing that she is weak, and her immune system is weak too. But how can I possibly recover within the next 9 hours or so before I board the plane; or in the next 20 hours or so before I reach destination? Plus, there isn't enough time for me to really rest now... I haven't quite packed, and I am still reading on Qatar, and planning for possible short escapes to Bahrain, UAE or Saudi Arabia. I know it's probably gonna be impossible, especially if I have my parents with me, but then what if they actually LET me go? 8 days in Doha is probably a bit too long... I don't mind 2 days spent elsewhere...
Anyhoooo, I am going to fix myself a hot honey lemon now. This drink really make me feel heaps better... And hopefully I will feel better when I reach Qatar.
Comments
you'd need a visa for KSA lol.
so not easy to get.
they've only started giving out tourist visas. and you've to be on an expensive organized tour.
easiest way in is a business visa.
i really wanted to visit bahrain as well. it's so near... but no time... at least my dad doesn't have any leave at the moment. maybe next time...