Back in Melbourne
Thursday 23 September 2010 7.35AM - Touched down safely in Melbourne's Tullarmarine Airport. It was another treacherous flight, lasting about 14 hours or so. Luckily I do get transfer breaks.
My return flight was at 3.45AM from DOH (Doha) to DXB (Dubai). It was an awkward timing, and Dad has to drive me to the airport (with Mum insisting to come). My parents needed their passports to be able to enter the airport, which explains, given their really small international airport... Checked in by 1AM and bade my parents farewell soon after. Dad has got to work the next day and needs to wake at 5.30am therefore I insisted they go back first. There were only 1 big DFS and a smaller one upstairs... nothing much to do except for flipping out my notebook and fiddle around with the programs on it (tried connecting to internet but failed)...
It was a very empty flight which lasted only for 45 minutes from Doha to Dubai. I was in DXB for 4 hours, where I shopped at their seemingly endless stretch of DFS and got myself some mushroom swiss burger at BK, AND a Swatch Watch (finally... I've been wanting one for quite some time now!). Despite being pleasantly occupied in DXB, I didn't actually like the airport. The entire place was TOO CROWDED I felt like I need breathing space. You can't find a seat anywhere at the (cheaper) eating areas (I ate my burger at the seats near a boarding gate). Plus, trolleys were no where to be found! It's unlike many of the airports I've been to where trolleys are abundant and evenly distributed everywhere. I have to carry my big heavy bags with me the entire time :(
From Dubai, it was about 6 hours ++ to Singapore. I was in Changi Airport for 1.5 hours before my next connecting flight to Melbourne took off. Minus boarding time, I have very little time in the airport. I was rushing through the terminal having a quick look. Plus I am hoping to find Guardian or something where I can buy my milk lotion (that I can't find in AU or Doha). However, didn't manage to find what I want, but instead got a pair of sandals from Bata. Very impulse purchase. And my shortest 'stay' in SG ever~
The past week plus plus was spent in Qatar, and I had a good time there. Qatar is a pretty boring place, with very few places to visit, but then it was the family reunion that makes all the difference. When was the last time I managed to gather with BOTH my mom and dad??
In Qatar, we went out mostly at night (other than those days where we visited some places). The weather there is SO HOT the water is hot 24/7. It was an average of mid-40 degree celcius, but at night the climate's a lot cooler (prob 28 degrees or so). Their shopping centres are always blasting with air-conditioning. I observed a lot and learned a lot as well. True, I have lots more to learn with my very shallow traveling experience, plus it was only QATAR I've visited, but I did not return fruitless. I will return to the Middle East soon...
After touching down Melbourne I passed through immigrations quickly even though I have things to declare. The officer simply scanned my luggages and ushered me through. Dunno why my bags weren't opened and questioned..? Welcomed the cold with open arms. Was contemplating outside the airport the means of transport I should take, and opted for the cheapest option - even though I have to transfer a few times (Skybus - Southern Cross Station - Flinders St - Ripponlea - Walk home). Reached home at around 10.30AM with sore arms from carrying all my luggages.... Unpacked a little, and went straight to bed. I haven't slept a wink on the plane. Watched heaps of movies and played games. Woke up famished but was too lazy to walk 15 minutes to Coles. Plus it was getting dark. Fixed myself some instant seaweed soup and dumped noodles in it and called it a meal. Did laundry. And then slept again.
Most of my photos are yet to be uploaded. There are so many of them, I'm too lazy to keep them all organized. Plus, I am still sick. My body feels entirely fine, but my coughing is atrocious! I felt so 'pai-seh' on the plane because I cannot seem to control my coughing! My voice is somewhat back though still a bit hoarse... I'm glad for that cuz I have lost my voice for my entire stay in Qatar, and wasn't able to talk normally. And I start work Friday (which is today!)... With my coughing and a half-comeback-voice, will I be able to work??
Hopefully I can be on holidays again... Planning for NZ now in December. PERHAPS, Taiwan, Japan, and my study in Korea in March next year. Oh no, I am missing my holidays already when I am only just back!
My return flight was at 3.45AM from DOH (Doha) to DXB (Dubai). It was an awkward timing, and Dad has to drive me to the airport (with Mum insisting to come). My parents needed their passports to be able to enter the airport, which explains, given their really small international airport... Checked in by 1AM and bade my parents farewell soon after. Dad has got to work the next day and needs to wake at 5.30am therefore I insisted they go back first. There were only 1 big DFS and a smaller one upstairs... nothing much to do except for flipping out my notebook and fiddle around with the programs on it (tried connecting to internet but failed)...
It was a very empty flight which lasted only for 45 minutes from Doha to Dubai. I was in DXB for 4 hours, where I shopped at their seemingly endless stretch of DFS and got myself some mushroom swiss burger at BK, AND a Swatch Watch (finally... I've been wanting one for quite some time now!). Despite being pleasantly occupied in DXB, I didn't actually like the airport. The entire place was TOO CROWDED I felt like I need breathing space. You can't find a seat anywhere at the (cheaper) eating areas (I ate my burger at the seats near a boarding gate). Plus, trolleys were no where to be found! It's unlike many of the airports I've been to where trolleys are abundant and evenly distributed everywhere. I have to carry my big heavy bags with me the entire time :(
From Dubai, it was about 6 hours ++ to Singapore. I was in Changi Airport for 1.5 hours before my next connecting flight to Melbourne took off. Minus boarding time, I have very little time in the airport. I was rushing through the terminal having a quick look. Plus I am hoping to find Guardian or something where I can buy my milk lotion (that I can't find in AU or Doha). However, didn't manage to find what I want, but instead got a pair of sandals from Bata. Very impulse purchase. And my shortest 'stay' in SG ever~
The past week plus plus was spent in Qatar, and I had a good time there. Qatar is a pretty boring place, with very few places to visit, but then it was the family reunion that makes all the difference. When was the last time I managed to gather with BOTH my mom and dad??
In Qatar, we went out mostly at night (other than those days where we visited some places). The weather there is SO HOT the water is hot 24/7. It was an average of mid-40 degree celcius, but at night the climate's a lot cooler (prob 28 degrees or so). Their shopping centres are always blasting with air-conditioning. I observed a lot and learned a lot as well. True, I have lots more to learn with my very shallow traveling experience, plus it was only QATAR I've visited, but I did not return fruitless. I will return to the Middle East soon...
After touching down Melbourne I passed through immigrations quickly even though I have things to declare. The officer simply scanned my luggages and ushered me through. Dunno why my bags weren't opened and questioned..? Welcomed the cold with open arms. Was contemplating outside the airport the means of transport I should take, and opted for the cheapest option - even though I have to transfer a few times (Skybus - Southern Cross Station - Flinders St - Ripponlea - Walk home). Reached home at around 10.30AM with sore arms from carrying all my luggages.... Unpacked a little, and went straight to bed. I haven't slept a wink on the plane. Watched heaps of movies and played games. Woke up famished but was too lazy to walk 15 minutes to Coles. Plus it was getting dark. Fixed myself some instant seaweed soup and dumped noodles in it and called it a meal. Did laundry. And then slept again.
Most of my photos are yet to be uploaded. There are so many of them, I'm too lazy to keep them all organized. Plus, I am still sick. My body feels entirely fine, but my coughing is atrocious! I felt so 'pai-seh' on the plane because I cannot seem to control my coughing! My voice is somewhat back though still a bit hoarse... I'm glad for that cuz I have lost my voice for my entire stay in Qatar, and wasn't able to talk normally. And I start work Friday (which is today!)... With my coughing and a half-comeback-voice, will I be able to work??
Hopefully I can be on holidays again... Planning for NZ now in December. PERHAPS, Taiwan, Japan, and my study in Korea in March next year. Oh no, I am missing my holidays already when I am only just back!
Comments