The 'Ever-so-Exciting' Melbourne Life

How controversial... It is not half 'exciting' at all. Everything's plain and bland. Haven't had any progress with anything, except to bum around in the day, and work at night... I haven't been eating healthy either. Besides fruits and miso soup, which are healthy, I have been drinking lots of coffee, and eating lots of twisties and insant noodles. I feel so unhealthy, but I don't feel like fixing anything nutritious for myself.

It has been a week since I am back. My body is back, but my soul is still stuck somewhere in either Singapore or Korea. I hate this feeling where I need a proper career, yet it is difficult to get one, but I cannot and should not go anywhere else until I have a stable life. I want to travel again, travel to more places, see more things... But I don't have enough money. After all, I am not only working for myself, or for my family... There is someone else I need to think about as well... At least, for now...

Sozai is starting to quiet down a little. The weather has turned really chilly now, signifying summer's gone, and autumn's here. Nishi-san is going away on holidays, which means that lunch shifts will no longer have yummy lunch or sashimi-included. Gen-san doesn't believe in wasting money on good food. Nishi-san will be leaving today for Singapore, then to Korea and Japan. Similar trip to mine, except he's going back to Japan for a while, whilst I went to HK. Sozai has so many new staff now, but decreasing senior staff. Benise is the most senior staff there, and I am the next. We still have Joe, Jassie and Cissy, whom we can still trust with what they do. Other than that, there isn't anyone else. Joe and Cissy cannot work everyday. Even Benise cannot work that much. Jassie is still doing a 6 days shift. As for me at the moment, I am also doing 5 or 6 days shifts, but I know Benise tries to let me have a rest every now and then since I also work lunch times (Jassie doesn't). Next week, I have to work 3 lunches... since Makiko (she only work lunch now) and Joe both can't work and Benise got to go for classes. -_-;;

I agreed to work so much, even though lunch is solo effort and very tedious. Benise also 'chided' me in Canto: 返多d工啦。。。 你旅行应该塞着好多钱。。。应该攒返来。。。(I am not good at writing Cant0, but read them as Canto cuz it will sound wrong in Mandarin!). True, I have spent lots of money when I was traveling, therefore I have to earn them back now...

I haven't had any motivation to do anything else... I did not want to call friends to meet up... I don't have time anyway. I didn't feel like going out, or meeting anyone.... All my spare time are spent either sleeping, or watching dramas. No one has called because no one knows I am back. I believe everyone's busy with their own lives too... It's like I am shutting myself out for no particular reason. My mood's real gloomy, just like the weather here. It has been raining a lot recently, never sunny. Furthermore, sun sets at around 5.30pm now, adding on to the gloominess.

My only comfort is going for Korean 7 classes every Thursday evening. I really enjoyed classes, and the dinner gatherings afterwards. These classes can build up my skills, and if one day I finally go over to Korea for intensive courses, I will be able to catch up quicker than others.

And the happiness I feel when he called me... Hearing his voice makes everything worth while... even if I am gonna shut myself out for the rest of the year or something... 

Sigh... need to go get ready now for work.... Gonna be another night....

Comments

Popular Posts