Back in Melbourne

7.25am (Melbourne time - 2 hours ahead now), Malaysia Airlines MH149 arrived in Melbourne's Tullamarine International Airport, ending my 25-days long holiday. I am still not taking this well... I miss Korea terribly cuz I loved it there. And I miss the people back in Singapore.... I will need some time to accept this reality...

I was pretty lucky since I got out of immigrations quick (I was out by 8am). Or perhaps it wasn't exactly the peak hour then. I declared all my food items and the guard accepted the things that I had and let me proceed to the arrival hall (more readily since he read my arrival card and realized I am from Singapore... I saw a change in his attitude). At the arrival hall, I was contemplating how to get back.... Call my friend and wait? Cab? Skybus? It was then, I saw this shuttle bus parked right outside the terminal which indicated that it will be going to Frankston, via St. Kilda and Elsternwick. Great! The driver can drop me somewhere near Glenhuntly Road and all I have to do is cab 5 minutes back. Saved me heaps of time, and MONEY. I couldn't imagine if I have cabbed back... there was a jam on the way into the city and I could've paid heaps of money! Eventually, I reached home at 9.15am (it was a long wait for the taxi even though I called! Peak hour demand)

And then back to my little cubby hole... Can't even be bothered to unpack... I was famished by the time I was back, so cook myself some noodles. Briefly cleaned my room - will have to do more thorough cleaning tomorrow. Then I did my laundry. And whilst the laundry was still going, I slept. I was extremely tired... The past few days have been so much fun, but not much sleep. Even though I slept in the plane, but no one sleeps well on planes (esp if you travel economy... And if you are someone like me who wants to watch as many movies as possible). Plus, I am emotionally drained as well.....

In Singapore, I have received a lot more than what I have expected. I touched down in Singapore looking for the usual fun catching up with friends, reuniting with family, and crazy shopping + eating. However, this time, there was so much more -- it seems that the long period of time being emotionally tormented has also come to an end. Even though right now we haven't officially gotten together, but unofficially, we are. Why unofficially? Mainly because we are separated in 2 different countries, and things will have to wait til I have stopped 'gazing' or 'ping-pong'-ing around and find myself a proper job. If I can get PR and a proper job here, then he will plan his next step to come here. Otherwise, if I have to go back to Singapore, or go elsewhere, he promised to follow wherever I may go.

I do question his motives, but over the past few days, the way he has acted seemed to prove that he is genuine. From the way he described to me that he has never gotten over me, to meeting my mom. Yes, he met my mom the other day for dinner, and he was really trying his best to leave a good impression. Good thing he is a good conversationalist. Mommy is always vigilant and cautious, and for my own good, she told me it is always better to observe the situation as it goes and not devote too much just as yet. However, I can work towards the promise that we have both exchanged with each other, and ultimately if there is any case we didn't work out, I will at least have still achieve a much better future than my current situation.

He has spent hours trying to clear my doubts - doubts between us, the relationship based on past experiences, and also doubts about him. He called me out to chat. He called me over the phone and spent hours trying to reassure me. He voluntarily held my hand when we were out. He introduced me to his mom too. He told me that I am 'the one' for him and even his mom was asking about me a bit because he has never brought a girl back (not even his ex-gfs). In fact, this trip back to Singapore seems to be a 'meet the parents' session instead. Even though I did not have enough courage to dine with his mom yet (he asked but I was too timid), but at least his mom did still see me for a good few minutes...

Right now, I am at ease. Assuming everything that he has said will work out as what he has planned, we will officially get together eventually. It is just a matter of timing. I am also taking things one step at a time as well so I can see better for myself what exactly is going on, or will take place. Anyway, I have never gotten over him either, therefore it will not change anything.

I hope time will not be too cruel to us... Honestly, it sucks to leave him and my mom at the airport. Possibly the 2 most important people in my life (other than daddy), and they are there at the airport to see me leave... I am "glad" in a way that no one else came or else it will be much more difficult to leave... Their eyes trailed my movement as I made my way down to my gate, and when I have to turn the corner and they disappeared out of my sight, tears welled up my eyes. It was great to hear his voice again when he called me again when I reached KL.

OK... rest up for now, and must start fighting for my future soon. I have to work my promise. And I hope he will be too.

Comments

I really hope this time, things would work out good and happy for you. You have my blessings if you are truly happy with him and he is treating him well. :)
Clarice said…
well i will say at the moment we are in the 'gray' area where nothing has been confirmed verbally. perhaps spiritually we are together... if we are together again on the same land, there is a 99% we will start. as for the remaining 1%, anything could happen... so... let's see how it goes... it might take a few months, or a few years... let's hope time wouldn't be so cruel to us....

Popular Posts