Burst. Bursting. Bursted.
This is a phase, where I am actually DESPERATE to move out and find a new place to live in.
It is not that I do not like this place. Honestly, my place is not a house where everything looks brand new and shiny. However, it is really comfortable, convenient and relatively inexpensive considering its distance from the city, and in zone 1.
In other words, I am pretty satisfied with my place.
But why do I so badly want to move then???
Housemate woes.... AGAIN!
The big deal with Housemate A being nosey (before) regarding my whereabouts is no issue at all now. Even though we stay away from each other, I do not think it is too much of trouble living with him. It is Housemate B and his gf that is giving me the jab. To the point where I am almost ready to erupt anytime if they really stepped on my tail hard at the wrong-est time.
And they have already stepped on my tail umpteen times!
Coming home/going out not locking the doors is already a small issue now. Occassionally I still catch them not locking the doors. I retaliated whenever I see the door being left unlocked. But it is almost quite minor now as compared to what I have to say.
In continuation to not owning ANY of their own kitchen utensils, I thought they showed improvement when they got themselves new chopsticks and spoons. However, I was so wrong. They are in possession of my two tall mugs (those I bought from Lincraft during Christmas last year) AND another of my usual coffee mugs, and I have not seen them for God-knows-how-long now. They have NEVER brought it out to wash, or leave it there so that other people, or the owner (for the fact) will have equal opportunity to use them. The mugs have been missing for the longest time now, and these mugs DO NOT BELONG TO THEM!
I have asked the girlfriend before when I see her, in a nice and polite way, if she has 'seen my mugs' (even though I know it's with them). She admitted to be using the two tall mugs, but denied having my coffee mug. And since I have already asked for them, I thought she might take it back eventually. However, NO! They kept using it as if I have never asked before!!!
Worse still, when I want to talk to THE boyfriend, he seems to be intentionally avoiding me by going out way before the time I get out (he never did that before), and going to bed way before I get back. In other words, there will be no chance that I can knock on the door to demand for something (that actually belongs to me).
I know what they could be thinking. They are reluctant to give the mugs back. They DO know if they take the mugs back and left in in the kitchen, I will be 'confiscating' them. That means they will have to eventually buy their own, which they are not willing to. I have already store a few mugs away that belongs to me. If not, I wouldn't have ANYTHING to drink with eventually!
May I ask, what are manners?? How can anyone be in possession of something that belongs to someone else, for SO long, and be nonchalent about it? Why do people not understand, or KNOW that, if you borrow something from someone, you should at least let the owner have equal opportunity to use it? I never said I am GIVING it to you! I am glad to LEND it to you. Note: LEND -(verb) give something for a limited time. NOT giving something for UNlimited time!
Before I have already knocked on their door asking if they can return me my long teaspoon, and if they have 'accidentally' taken my pants from the clothes rack by 'mistake'. They said they will search for it and get back to me. They NEVER got back to me. I doubt they even bothered to look!
I swear the teaspoons and all the mugs are in their room. I cannot say for sure about the pants though, but I could not find it anywhere in my possessions. I am VERY tempted to sneak into their room to do a search when they are not in. But I know it is not right for me to do so. But if by asking entails me with no results, what else can I do??
Am I unreasonable? Am I wrong about this fact? I am seriously bursting. I am showing my anger by imitating the way they love to close their door: SLAMMING. Like them, I slam my door. I never usually do slam my door! But now I don't care anymore.
Also, they NEVER do any housework. Bins can pile up high and they will never take it out. They never clean the kitchen floor. They never scrub the bathroom floor. They never scrub the toilet. They never do anything! They just hide in their room all day! And I wonder how long more is the gf going to stay.... Before I was told she will stay for one month. It is way over one month now!
The trouble of having to move house again really taunts me. I don't know if there is any way I can resolve this because this is who they are. They haven't been properly taught at all! Perhaps by moving out it means I admit defeat?? Perhaps they will be happier if I DO move out because I am such a fussy, 'revengeful' person and I am sure they do not like me. I really don't know if moving out IS the option! But there really is no reason I should be putting up with all these shit!
Don't test my patience. It is almost running flat! I look forward to the day when I can face them and give them a piece of my mind!
It is not that I do not like this place. Honestly, my place is not a house where everything looks brand new and shiny. However, it is really comfortable, convenient and relatively inexpensive considering its distance from the city, and in zone 1.
In other words, I am pretty satisfied with my place.
But why do I so badly want to move then???
Housemate woes.... AGAIN!
The big deal with Housemate A being nosey (before) regarding my whereabouts is no issue at all now. Even though we stay away from each other, I do not think it is too much of trouble living with him. It is Housemate B and his gf that is giving me the jab. To the point where I am almost ready to erupt anytime if they really stepped on my tail hard at the wrong-est time.
And they have already stepped on my tail umpteen times!
Coming home/going out not locking the doors is already a small issue now. Occassionally I still catch them not locking the doors. I retaliated whenever I see the door being left unlocked. But it is almost quite minor now as compared to what I have to say.
In continuation to not owning ANY of their own kitchen utensils, I thought they showed improvement when they got themselves new chopsticks and spoons. However, I was so wrong. They are in possession of my two tall mugs (those I bought from Lincraft during Christmas last year) AND another of my usual coffee mugs, and I have not seen them for God-knows-how-long now. They have NEVER brought it out to wash, or leave it there so that other people, or the owner (for the fact) will have equal opportunity to use them. The mugs have been missing for the longest time now, and these mugs DO NOT BELONG TO THEM!
I have asked the girlfriend before when I see her, in a nice and polite way, if she has 'seen my mugs' (even though I know it's with them). She admitted to be using the two tall mugs, but denied having my coffee mug. And since I have already asked for them, I thought she might take it back eventually. However, NO! They kept using it as if I have never asked before!!!
Worse still, when I want to talk to THE boyfriend, he seems to be intentionally avoiding me by going out way before the time I get out (he never did that before), and going to bed way before I get back. In other words, there will be no chance that I can knock on the door to demand for something (that actually belongs to me).
I know what they could be thinking. They are reluctant to give the mugs back. They DO know if they take the mugs back and left in in the kitchen, I will be 'confiscating' them. That means they will have to eventually buy their own, which they are not willing to. I have already store a few mugs away that belongs to me. If not, I wouldn't have ANYTHING to drink with eventually!
May I ask, what are manners?? How can anyone be in possession of something that belongs to someone else, for SO long, and be nonchalent about it? Why do people not understand, or KNOW that, if you borrow something from someone, you should at least let the owner have equal opportunity to use it? I never said I am GIVING it to you! I am glad to LEND it to you. Note: LEND -(verb) give something for a limited time. NOT giving something for UNlimited time!
Before I have already knocked on their door asking if they can return me my long teaspoon, and if they have 'accidentally' taken my pants from the clothes rack by 'mistake'. They said they will search for it and get back to me. They NEVER got back to me. I doubt they even bothered to look!
I swear the teaspoons and all the mugs are in their room. I cannot say for sure about the pants though, but I could not find it anywhere in my possessions. I am VERY tempted to sneak into their room to do a search when they are not in. But I know it is not right for me to do so. But if by asking entails me with no results, what else can I do??
Am I unreasonable? Am I wrong about this fact? I am seriously bursting. I am showing my anger by imitating the way they love to close their door: SLAMMING. Like them, I slam my door. I never usually do slam my door! But now I don't care anymore.
Also, they NEVER do any housework. Bins can pile up high and they will never take it out. They never clean the kitchen floor. They never scrub the bathroom floor. They never scrub the toilet. They never do anything! They just hide in their room all day! And I wonder how long more is the gf going to stay.... Before I was told she will stay for one month. It is way over one month now!
The trouble of having to move house again really taunts me. I don't know if there is any way I can resolve this because this is who they are. They haven't been properly taught at all! Perhaps by moving out it means I admit defeat?? Perhaps they will be happier if I DO move out because I am such a fussy, 'revengeful' person and I am sure they do not like me. I really don't know if moving out IS the option! But there really is no reason I should be putting up with all these shit!
Don't test my patience. It is almost running flat! I look forward to the day when I can face them and give them a piece of my mind!
Comments
actually they are nice people. as in, they are not hard to get along. i am not biased against them being nice just becuz they piss me off. and i'm not saying that cuz they are korean (or becuz i like their culture/language etc). but yeah, i cannot stand people with no basic manners whatsoever. especially when it comes to other ppl's possessions.
HAIZ!!