Last of A Dying Breed
This song isn't new anymore, but I really like it. It has been playing on my MP3 for the past few months and I haven't grown sick of it (yet). Ludacris - Last of A Dying Breed. I don't know why this quote from Shakespeare's "Macbeth" kept coming up when I listen to this song and pretending to be an imaginery hip-hop dancer...
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death.
Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more.
It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
- Act 5 Scene 5
I am nothing like Macbeth, however with this sort of quote I kind of remind me of myself too. Sometimes I realized that in this world, I am actually my lonesome self, despite that I have (some) friends and know many people. Sometimes I look back, and I suddenly realized that I actually have nothing, when it seems to people I have many things. Most importantly of all, I realized that the main reason of having nothing is having accomplished no dreams. It seems as if any possible routes directing to achieving my dreams have been blurred or cut off, and I am just stranded in the middle of nowhere, trying to calm myself down and be patient. And I am no where near getting over the person I care, miss and love. Though I smile and bounce about a little more, but with the break-up which happened more than 2 months ago, I've yet gained any courage nor determination to chase my dreams and lead a happier life. I am just like a 'dying breed', waiting for my 'death' at an undetermined time, and see when time will just kick me into my 'coffin' and destroying my future altogether...
Everything at work seems to be looking bleak for me. People can get so intimidating, and I really would feel much better if I simply lose my temper and yell at them to simply just f*** off. Suddenly I realized, I am never regarded as anyone 'important' because of my inability to perform. And it doesn't take a lot to guess why I couldn't perform - 1. interest doesn't exist; 2. my brain just runs slower than average people...
Swallow, swallow, swallow... Swallow your sorrows and don't think of tomorrow.... I thought of this Chinese quote someone wise once said: 忍一时风平浪静, 退一步海阔天空 - literally it means enduring makes the sea calm, and stepping back to have a boundless world. It means endurance can avoid conflicts, and stepping back brings comfort to both parties. I live by this quote everyday to maintain a healthy relationship with everyone I know. But can I really do this all the time? When will I snap?
I need a break... My next holiday is in May. I hope the next one would be in September/October and I can go to Korea... I need to work extra hard to save all this money to fulfill my wishes. Therefore I showed no objections when the manager at the restaurant asked me to work more shifts and I have to work 7 days a week again. With this economy that will not be brightening any time soon, I guess it wouldn't hurt with more cash by your side.
Good luck, Clarice. I wish I will recover soon.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death.
Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more.
It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
- Act 5 Scene 5
I am nothing like Macbeth, however with this sort of quote I kind of remind me of myself too. Sometimes I realized that in this world, I am actually my lonesome self, despite that I have (some) friends and know many people. Sometimes I look back, and I suddenly realized that I actually have nothing, when it seems to people I have many things. Most importantly of all, I realized that the main reason of having nothing is having accomplished no dreams. It seems as if any possible routes directing to achieving my dreams have been blurred or cut off, and I am just stranded in the middle of nowhere, trying to calm myself down and be patient. And I am no where near getting over the person I care, miss and love. Though I smile and bounce about a little more, but with the break-up which happened more than 2 months ago, I've yet gained any courage nor determination to chase my dreams and lead a happier life. I am just like a 'dying breed', waiting for my 'death' at an undetermined time, and see when time will just kick me into my 'coffin' and destroying my future altogether...
Everything at work seems to be looking bleak for me. People can get so intimidating, and I really would feel much better if I simply lose my temper and yell at them to simply just f*** off. Suddenly I realized, I am never regarded as anyone 'important' because of my inability to perform. And it doesn't take a lot to guess why I couldn't perform - 1. interest doesn't exist; 2. my brain just runs slower than average people...
Swallow, swallow, swallow... Swallow your sorrows and don't think of tomorrow.... I thought of this Chinese quote someone wise once said: 忍一时风平浪静, 退一步海阔天空 - literally it means enduring makes the sea calm, and stepping back to have a boundless world. It means endurance can avoid conflicts, and stepping back brings comfort to both parties. I live by this quote everyday to maintain a healthy relationship with everyone I know. But can I really do this all the time? When will I snap?
I need a break... My next holiday is in May. I hope the next one would be in September/October and I can go to Korea... I need to work extra hard to save all this money to fulfill my wishes. Therefore I showed no objections when the manager at the restaurant asked me to work more shifts and I have to work 7 days a week again. With this economy that will not be brightening any time soon, I guess it wouldn't hurt with more cash by your side.
Good luck, Clarice. I wish I will recover soon.
Comments
tat's life if u wanna survive...