New Life

Korean 3 Class has finally commenced on Thursday (17th July) at 6pm~ So ecstatic! However, only me, Ai-lin and Jingyan from the previous Korean 2 class joined this class, and the rest are all new faces. Other friends like Reiko and Julie had other part-time courses they are taking so they couldn't really join Korean 3. Anyway, it was great seeing our teacher, Hye-Ri, again~

But now I'm faced with a greater challenge - there are so many of them in the class whose command in Korean language is so much stronger, that I feel that I have so much to catch up on. These classmates shouldn't even be in this level! There is a lady in the class who converse so well in Korean that we were all stunned at what she is doing in a level 3 class... Turns out she did a 6-months intensive course in Seoul, and before that, also studied Korean for 2 years in Australia. No wonder she spoke so fluently and so fast too, but with an accent. Some of them had Korean bf/gf/husband/wife, therefore they learned quite a lot from their other halves. As for me, I've not even done any revision before going to class... I seriously need to do my homework now...

But overall, I am elated to be able to continue with Korean class... hopefully one day I can go to Seoul and do some intensive course or something... It'll be a great achievement if I can converse fluently in another language other than English and Mandarin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is getting back on track now that I've moved into a new place. The only setback is having to wait 'til August before I get my own room. Sharing a room with Sha isn't that bad though, but of course, we would prefer to have our own rooms. The only thing I hate about sharing room is: having to wake her up unintentionally if I work in the morning; and also her waking me up when she goes out. But it doesn't matter... It's always better to have my own place that I can call HOME...

Having not cooked for more than 4 months now, I finally start to get cooking again... Just cooked something for dinner, and yesterday, I brewed herbal soup too... The pork tenderloins are kinda hard after I cooked it, but it tastes quite ok... And the vegetables are nice... yummy... Proper meal for once!

Photobucket
The pork that I've cooked - but it's rather tough... I cooked it with black pepper, some black bean chili paste and salt...

Photobucket
Vegetables with baby corn - with just oyster sauce.

These few days, I have also been watching this drama called "倚天屠龙记" (The Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre), a novel by 金庸 (Louis Cha). I've read almost all of Louis Cha's novels when I was young, and I loved all of them. Watching the drama let me recall what I've read before (my memory's really rusty now since I've read those books at least 10 years ago!)... This HK version that I've watched stars 吴启华 (Lawrence Ng), 黎姿 (Gigi Lai), 佘诗曼 (Charmaine Sheh), 米雪, 刘松仁, 滕丽名, 张兆辉 etc etc... all big names. It's the final of the Condor Heroes trilogy, and my least favorite too, because I am not a fan of the hero 张无忌. No doubt he has a good heart and is righteous, courageous and has the best martial skills ever, but then I don't like the way he deals with the loves of his life.

Photobucket


Anyway, I've completed the 42 episodes and I enjoyed all of it.

I'm still awaiting to watch "The Dark Knight" by the late Heath Ledger... It's already out in cinemas and I've been waiting for this movie like... forever! Hope to catch it next Tuesday... by hook or by crook!


Comments

Popular Posts