Happy New Year!
Happy Lunar New Year to all!!!
Hope there has been a big inflow of ang baos! :)
Today, 4 Feb and 7th day of Lunar New Year, is what Chinese call "ren (people) ri (day)", so it's everyone's birthday. SO... HAPPY BIRTHDAY too!
Just back last night from Batu Pahat for the New year. Actually spent the eve, Day 1 - Day 3 in Singapore, just visited a couple of relatives here, and simply spending time with my parents. Only went into Malaysia in Day 4 to avoid the crowd. Still a little jam at the causeway though, but to compare to the other jams we've encountered before, that's actually nothing... Spent 3 days 2 nights in Batu Pahat, visited relatives and eating lots of junk. Glad to be seeing my grandparents again, and they were happy to see me too. Mum told me cuz I'm the oldest grandchild of their oldest son (my dad) so they were specially good to me.... well, maybe... Many of my dad's siblings has already gone back to KL, except for 3 uncles and an aunt, and the reason they stayed is because they are still unmarried, no kids, flexible timing... Had a good talk with my third aunt though. Amongst my 4 aunts, I'm closer with this aunt because in her conversations she has alot to offer, and I can learn alot too. And probably cuz she's unmarried at age 40, and a career woman, she sort of represents who I will be in the future.
Other visitings in Batu were plain boring...... Most of them are distant relatives, people whom I've met before but not familiar with. And many of them are elders, and they speak hokkien (which I'm not very fluent when it comes to speaking... listening is not a problem though). So I can just sit there and be polite and only talk when people ask me questions. Pity we went in to Batu too late, and all my cousins have already gone back to KL, so there is no one I can talk to. So what to do when I'm not talking?? Stuff my face with food.
No photos cuz I didn't take any...I just took a couple with my new camera phone but I won't be uploading those. I finally bought my Nokia 6111, and went all the way to Bukit Batok's West Mall M1 store to get it, cuz that's the only outlet that still has the white/silver 6111. Either it's very popular, or there's limited stock that's selling here, because all other outlets are offering the black colour one, which is not as nice as the silver one. I love this phone. Sleek. Pretty. Excellent functions. I haven't carried a Nokia phone for a couple of years now. I miss Samsung, but I welcome Nokia. :)
Just finished watching before the new year:

"Stained Glass" by Lee Dong Gun, Kim Ha Neul and Kim Sung Soo... 3 very talented actors/actress in Korea, but too bad, the drama's kind of draggy. Don't like the way Park Gi Tae (Kim Sung Soo) forces Shin Ji Soo (Kim Ha Neul) to love him, and questions her every move and whereabouts. Ji Soo actually loves Han Dong Ju (Lee Dong Gun), who went missing 12 years ago and re-appeared 12 years later. And Dong Ju loves Ji Soo too (even these 12 years when his life happens in Japan)... The 3 of them are like childhood best friends and are always there for each other. Dong Ju and Gi Tae swore in church to forever take care of Ji Soo, but turned "enemies" when they grow up because of their love for Ji Soo. The storyline and concepts are not bad, but the whole process of watching it is a little tiring lol...
I'm soon going to start on my new DVD "A love to Kill" by my RAIN!!!! I finally got the DVD!! YAY!! Rain and Shim Min Ah's newest drama. And I also have "Prince's first love" by Cha Tae Hyun and Sung Yuri, also waiting to be watched. Woot!! If I'm going to be at home I'll start my korean drama craze again... :)
If not, I'll have to bring them back to Australia with me... I predict that I'll be pretty busy from now on cuz my friends have been asking me out, only to be rejected by me cuz I've other plans.. lol.. so I have to make it up to them :P
Sorry for the lack of updates... I'll update more stuff soon. Just being plain lazy.
Hope there has been a big inflow of ang baos! :)
Today, 4 Feb and 7th day of Lunar New Year, is what Chinese call "ren (people) ri (day)", so it's everyone's birthday. SO... HAPPY BIRTHDAY too!
Just back last night from Batu Pahat for the New year. Actually spent the eve, Day 1 - Day 3 in Singapore, just visited a couple of relatives here, and simply spending time with my parents. Only went into Malaysia in Day 4 to avoid the crowd. Still a little jam at the causeway though, but to compare to the other jams we've encountered before, that's actually nothing... Spent 3 days 2 nights in Batu Pahat, visited relatives and eating lots of junk. Glad to be seeing my grandparents again, and they were happy to see me too. Mum told me cuz I'm the oldest grandchild of their oldest son (my dad) so they were specially good to me.... well, maybe... Many of my dad's siblings has already gone back to KL, except for 3 uncles and an aunt, and the reason they stayed is because they are still unmarried, no kids, flexible timing... Had a good talk with my third aunt though. Amongst my 4 aunts, I'm closer with this aunt because in her conversations she has alot to offer, and I can learn alot too. And probably cuz she's unmarried at age 40, and a career woman, she sort of represents who I will be in the future.
Other visitings in Batu were plain boring...... Most of them are distant relatives, people whom I've met before but not familiar with. And many of them are elders, and they speak hokkien (which I'm not very fluent when it comes to speaking... listening is not a problem though). So I can just sit there and be polite and only talk when people ask me questions. Pity we went in to Batu too late, and all my cousins have already gone back to KL, so there is no one I can talk to. So what to do when I'm not talking?? Stuff my face with food.
No photos cuz I didn't take any...I just took a couple with my new camera phone but I won't be uploading those. I finally bought my Nokia 6111, and went all the way to Bukit Batok's West Mall M1 store to get it, cuz that's the only outlet that still has the white/silver 6111. Either it's very popular, or there's limited stock that's selling here, because all other outlets are offering the black colour one, which is not as nice as the silver one. I love this phone. Sleek. Pretty. Excellent functions. I haven't carried a Nokia phone for a couple of years now. I miss Samsung, but I welcome Nokia. :)
Just finished watching before the new year:

"Stained Glass" by Lee Dong Gun, Kim Ha Neul and Kim Sung Soo... 3 very talented actors/actress in Korea, but too bad, the drama's kind of draggy. Don't like the way Park Gi Tae (Kim Sung Soo) forces Shin Ji Soo (Kim Ha Neul) to love him, and questions her every move and whereabouts. Ji Soo actually loves Han Dong Ju (Lee Dong Gun), who went missing 12 years ago and re-appeared 12 years later. And Dong Ju loves Ji Soo too (even these 12 years when his life happens in Japan)... The 3 of them are like childhood best friends and are always there for each other. Dong Ju and Gi Tae swore in church to forever take care of Ji Soo, but turned "enemies" when they grow up because of their love for Ji Soo. The storyline and concepts are not bad, but the whole process of watching it is a little tiring lol...
I'm soon going to start on my new DVD "A love to Kill" by my RAIN!!!! I finally got the DVD!! YAY!! Rain and Shim Min Ah's newest drama. And I also have "Prince's first love" by Cha Tae Hyun and Sung Yuri, also waiting to be watched. Woot!! If I'm going to be at home I'll start my korean drama craze again... :)
If not, I'll have to bring them back to Australia with me... I predict that I'll be pretty busy from now on cuz my friends have been asking me out, only to be rejected by me cuz I've other plans.. lol.. so I have to make it up to them :P
Sorry for the lack of updates... I'll update more stuff soon. Just being plain lazy.
Comments