15KM City2Sea Completed!


 
 
So exhausted from the 15km run yesterday that I found it hard to concentrate at work today. After finishing my race, I headed home, had a big meal, and napped for an hour, before heading out to work at the restaurant later in the evening. I should have just taken a sick day off from work today, but because I had so many things to do I thought I will just go. It does not help that I have not been having good nights’ sleep these days either. My body feels really fatigued.

Anyway, the run yesterday was a good one. I really enjoy running long distances and test my stamina. Although the weather was terrible (had to run in the rain!) I still enjoyed the experience. I thought my official time was a bit over 1 hour 40 minutes for the run, but I received my official time today and it clocked 1 hour 37 minutes. WOOT! A bit off from where I hope to be (within 1 hour 30 mins) but hey I can train up again and run better in my next run.

I may be running another 15km charity run in March next year. Got to see how my training goes. But I will be registering for the half marathon next October, so I will definitely have to work towards that. 21km! I haven’t participated in a half marathon for more than 10 years, so it would be nice to pick that up. My last half marathon was in Singapore.
 
Cheers to fitness!!!

Comments

Popular Posts