Whale of a time



Busy as I am, I am having a whale of a time.

This, (un)fortunately, means I am really really busy as well. I really have next-to-no-time to myself. But I am not complaining.

Things are always like this: when I have things going on, more things start coming in; when I am bored with nothing on, nothing comes up either.

So recently, my good friend from Korea came down to Australia for a holiday. She is here for about 5 weeks, commencing her journey in Carins, Brisbane and other parts of Queensland. Then she came to Melbourne, where she is staying in Melbourne for 2.5 weeks. She also went to Uluru for a few days. When she is here, she stays with me over Friday and Saturday, and on other days she stays with her other friend. Took her around as well. Fortunately she was here more than 3 years ago when she was on her working holiday visa so she knows Melbourne pretty well.

Then, during her stay here, I have been receiving several invites to other events as well - gatherings, barbecues, a cooking party, shopping etc. Some I declined, but some I brought, or will be bringing, my Korean friend along so she can meet more people.

Sadly though, for the third time this year, I fell sick again. Luckily nothing too major like the very first time where I almost fainted and coughed my lungs out. It's been terribly cold here for some reason, even for someone warm-blooded like me. I have been using my padded vest more than I usually do. I don't know why I seem to have become weaker, when I exercise very regularly, eating healthily, and have been drinking more water (and less alcohol) too. I don't know if it is because of the cold winter, or has my immune system just deteriorated as I age.

The upcoming weeks will be busy as well as we delve into the beginning of a new financial year. Changes, more new challenges, as well as my own events and activities out of work. Need to constantly remind myself to drink more water, take more vitamin C, and have plenty of sleep!


Comments

Popular Posts