I really don't need this right now...

Had a really enjoyable dance session on Tuesday and was smiling broadly on my way home, only to receive terrible news when I got back.

We are forced to move out. And we need to do so by the end of August. 

Why? Because the landlord, stupidly, wants to sell the house for whatever reason we don't know. It's not like real estate is doing well enough to sell now...  So we got to vacate the house, leaving all three of us stumped and frustrated. 

It's not a good time to actually do this. I have wanted to move out because I can't stand the house looking like a 'warehouse' - cluttered and boxes/stock (their stuff) everywhere. I always imagined having a place to myself because I crave the freedom and personal space. But I haven't actually done so because 1) it is bloody expensive; 2) my current housemates are after all, still very nice people and although there are some things that bugs me but they are not real biggies that I have to move out immediately; 3) my current location is really so convenient and strategically located, I can't find anywhere else that offers the same benefits - 1 minute to train station, 5 minutes on either side to access different tram lines, 5 minutes to High Street shops and restaurants, 15 minutes stroll away to Glenferrie Road shops and restaurants...... And it is such a safe area too. I really can't bear to leave Armadale...

It is also not a good time too because I am busy at work and am also undergoing dental treatment for the damage that was caused on my oral health when I fainted and hit my jaw in Hunter Valley 7 years ago, and this is soooo expensive. I am already forking out this amount of money, and now PLUS more rent and financial burden, I really don't know where I can get more money. I was considering to even quit the restaurant job since I am already just working once a week and am really sick of the place. Can I even do that now? 

Now I have to go through the process of hunting for a place. I still intend to stay alone, and for the maximum price that I am willing to pay, and the limited areas I am willing to stay at (for safety and convenience to get to work), I have very limited choices. I have to work out how to connect my electricity, gas and internet for the first time ever - most of these were done for me by other housemates before moving in so I never really had to do it myself. Then I need to buy refrigerator, washing machine, microwave, a couch etc. I will need to change my address for my bank, insurance, phone company etc...  I will be so damn broke after settling all these. I wonder if I can even manage to travel this year...

Then I need to start packing. Throw away unnecessary things. Donate clothes I seldom wear. Clean the current house. Arrange for movers to come. Move. Clean the new house. Unpack. What else...? I really have no mind to think right now.

I am seriously considering to buy a house. My parents have showed their interest to help me with the initial deposit. If I have my own place I wouldn't have to worry about paying rent every month, worry about house inspections and sudden evacuations. I don't need to share my house with anyone. In future, IF I ever get married, me and my other half can buy another property and then I can rent the current house out and just sit at home collecting money. Or if I decide to go back to Singapore, I can also put my house up for rent and earn some extra cash on the side. It's seriously not a bad idea!

Everything is in a mess right now. *sigh*





Comments

Popular Posts