What they call "三張"



I am feeling a little ‘depressed’ because I am turning 30 in 12 days.


May just came barging into the room when I woke up this morning, and the ‘blur-blur’ me did not even realise the fact until I got into the office and gawked when I looked in my organiser. 


In some way I am not totally unhappy that May is here because it is usually almost an enjoyable month. But because I am hitting the big 3 this year I am a little dreading the day. 


Farewell to my 20s. Farewell to my youth. I still feel very young actually, being single and carefree, leading a fairly fun life and working hard to feed myself. I think I still look relatively young, with most people guessing my age not exceeding 27. But reality hurts. I wish I am still 27! 


What exactly do I look forward to in this new life?


  1.  Health – Eat healthily and exercise more frequently. Drink (alcohol) wisely – i.e. don’t overdrink. And go for annual health check-ups. Also need to practice a regular skin care routine (I get so lazy sometimes I go without for weeks!). 
  2. Career – Aiming to be more of a leader, rather than a follower. I have been speaking out my thoughts more, and also managing my own team of casual workers, but I am still lacking in many ways. Basically stemmed from my personality since I prefer working by myself and manage myself as well. I am no leader, or a manager. But I guess in order to move up the rungs of the corporate ladder I need to learn how to lead.
  3. Maturity – This is an ‘of course’ as you age. I can be more matured in thinking though I think being young at heart is also as important. I need to find a good balance between the two.
  4. Wisdom – self-explanatory
  5. Travel – See more of this world with so much to offer. It can be with family and/or friends, or more likely by myself, but either way, fulfil my lust for traveling.

People reading this post may go: OH, so what about marriage? 


I mustn’t deny that it is not on my mind, but I must emphasise that it is NOT crucial. I must absolutely meet the right guy at the right time, and I need time to do so. Currently I am just too busy to socialise out of my usual circle(s). I still somewhat hold on to the “I do not intend to get married” thinking that I have had since I was 15, but of course it is not absolute. 


I may want to return to Singapore at some point. I am still considering. But it will not be within the next five years I think. I also plan to, if between jobs, to live in Korea for a year. All these will only be possible when my PR gets approved. I am still waiting. I don’t understand what is taking Australian Immigrations so long, but I hope I will receive good news this year. 


12 more days to enjoy my last days in my 20s before I embark on an entirely new journey.


Comments

Popular Posts