And so I turned 30
And so I turned 30 today. Silently. No big parties. No cakes. No drinks. No friends. Just me, myself and I, doing my own thing.
Thanks to Facebook, I received many warm wishes on Facebook wall, PMs, Whatsapp, Kakao, LINE, Twitter..... and the list goes on. I feel so old now. Without Facebook, will I still receive these messages? Without Facebook, will I feel any younger?
I don't really feel there is a need for anything big. I'd rather be travelling if it is to be anything big, but other than that there really isn't anything I want to do. So I planned nothing. And no one planned anything for me. I do not have a special person in my life, neither do I have friends willing to do anything for me. I don't even feel offended when close friends forget that I turn 30. I have always been by myself, unimportant, unnoticed... and it looks like I will always be. Solitude isn't that bad, to be honest. At least I can do whatever what I want freely.
The best present I got this year was something unexpected - news on my PR. A few days ago I received a phonecall from my agent, and he told me that there is news FINALLY on my PR. Immigrations have started processing my application, and since it is already almost 3 years now since my application, I need to resubmit a few documents - Australian police check, Singapore police check, and health check, AND resign a couple of forms. Once everything is ready and submitted, it could be a month or so and my PR will be down. Too happy for words! Finally!!!! My rough estimate is July or August I will obtain my visa, but who knows it could be sooner, or later. This must be the best piece of news so far this year, and it came up close to my birthday so this is indeed the best gift for my 30th!
I took my birthday leave so I was able to sleep until 11am. It took me forever to get out of the house. By the time I reached North Melbourne it was already 2.20pm. Went to this cafe I've always wanted to visit -- Twenty and Six Espresso -- they have received pretty positive reviews so far so being the cafe freak I am I really wanted to try. So finally I did. And I liked the place. Being my birthday I ordered the most expensive item on their menu - seared tuna with olives, potato, eggs and string beans - for $23.50, and ordered two cups of coffee. Spent like $30 on lunch alone. Given any other days I will think that this is a waste of money, but since it's my birthday I let it be.
Then I went for a haircut. My fringe has been annoying me for the longest time now, so I decided it's time I get a haircut.Or hair trim to be exact. Length didn't change much, but I felt lighter with a shorter fringe. I cannot make up my mind whether to grow my hair, or maintain my short hair, so I dare not go too short in case I intend to grow it.
The day was over after I got home and resumed watching my K-drama and fixing myself dinner. And then it is time to do some blogging before the day ends, so here I am~
Need to sleep soon as I need to wake up super early and get to health check medical centre as early as I can. My appointment is at 8am, one of the firsts, so I want to be there earlier so I don't have to queue at all. 1) I hate waiting in line, and these checks can take a loooong time if you are stuck in a queue; 2) I want to finish everything ASAP so I can get to work ASAP. Don't ask me why I love working so much it's not because I love to work. But I have a lot of things to do and I don't want to stay back too late.
Posting this 3 minutes before 12AM here in Melbourne. My birthday is (almost) officially over. Time to let reality sink in and accept that I have indeed hit the big 3-s.
Cheers to all 1983 babies!
Thanks to Facebook, I received many warm wishes on Facebook wall, PMs, Whatsapp, Kakao, LINE, Twitter..... and the list goes on. I feel so old now. Without Facebook, will I still receive these messages? Without Facebook, will I feel any younger?
I don't really feel there is a need for anything big. I'd rather be travelling if it is to be anything big, but other than that there really isn't anything I want to do. So I planned nothing. And no one planned anything for me. I do not have a special person in my life, neither do I have friends willing to do anything for me. I don't even feel offended when close friends forget that I turn 30. I have always been by myself, unimportant, unnoticed... and it looks like I will always be. Solitude isn't that bad, to be honest. At least I can do whatever what I want freely.
The best present I got this year was something unexpected - news on my PR. A few days ago I received a phonecall from my agent, and he told me that there is news FINALLY on my PR. Immigrations have started processing my application, and since it is already almost 3 years now since my application, I need to resubmit a few documents - Australian police check, Singapore police check, and health check, AND resign a couple of forms. Once everything is ready and submitted, it could be a month or so and my PR will be down. Too happy for words! Finally!!!! My rough estimate is July or August I will obtain my visa, but who knows it could be sooner, or later. This must be the best piece of news so far this year, and it came up close to my birthday so this is indeed the best gift for my 30th!
I took my birthday leave so I was able to sleep until 11am. It took me forever to get out of the house. By the time I reached North Melbourne it was already 2.20pm. Went to this cafe I've always wanted to visit -- Twenty and Six Espresso -- they have received pretty positive reviews so far so being the cafe freak I am I really wanted to try. So finally I did. And I liked the place. Being my birthday I ordered the most expensive item on their menu - seared tuna with olives, potato, eggs and string beans - for $23.50, and ordered two cups of coffee. Spent like $30 on lunch alone. Given any other days I will think that this is a waste of money, but since it's my birthday I let it be.
![]() |
| Seared Tuna |
Then I went for a haircut. My fringe has been annoying me for the longest time now, so I decided it's time I get a haircut.Or hair trim to be exact. Length didn't change much, but I felt lighter with a shorter fringe. I cannot make up my mind whether to grow my hair, or maintain my short hair, so I dare not go too short in case I intend to grow it.
![]() |
| Haircut, and trying my best to look young here. |
The day was over after I got home and resumed watching my K-drama and fixing myself dinner. And then it is time to do some blogging before the day ends, so here I am~
Need to sleep soon as I need to wake up super early and get to health check medical centre as early as I can. My appointment is at 8am, one of the firsts, so I want to be there earlier so I don't have to queue at all. 1) I hate waiting in line, and these checks can take a loooong time if you are stuck in a queue; 2) I want to finish everything ASAP so I can get to work ASAP. Don't ask me why I love working so much it's not because I love to work. But I have a lot of things to do and I don't want to stay back too late.
Posting this 3 minutes before 12AM here in Melbourne. My birthday is (almost) officially over. Time to let reality sink in and accept that I have indeed hit the big 3-s.
Cheers to all 1983 babies!


Comments