Sheer Laziness
Third week post-conference, I must say I felt the ultimate laziest of all times. I just cannot be bothered to do so many things, including cleaning my room. I don't even feel like writing my blog. I felt like I just want to lie around and do absolutely nothing. I don't know why I am like that.
Last week a wave of excitement washed over me. A sudden thought came to my mind and I wanted to do something really special for my birthday. I was reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (which by the way, is a fantastic book I'll recommend to anyone!) and the Love part was about her experience in Bali. Right then, I thought to myself Why don't I go to Bali for my 30th? Bali is nearer to Australia, and since I have never been there, I should really go! I got really excited over this thought, and when I learned that my close friend cum sister is also going there on her birthday (which by the way, is just a day before mine), I thought all the more I should go.
But alas! I started looking up on flights and hotels and all of them seem quite shit. First of all, the flights are so bloody expensive! I mean, there are really cheap flights but the timings are all really shit. Either they will fly the whole day with one or two stopovers, which I will end up flying like 20 hours; or pay more and have a better time with 6.5 hours flight, but the price is really not worthy for a trip to Bali. Hotels were not too much of a hassle, though I have seek advice from Indonesian friends and they think it is still rather expensive after hearing the total cost. Plus, they recommended that I not stop over at CGK (Jakarta International Airport) because the airport there is just in a mess - people can't really speak English, and the signs are not clear at all. But most flights fly via Jakarta to Bali... Sigh... what am I supposed to do?
At this stage I really don't know if Bali trip is even possible at all. It also seems like I could just be celebrating my 30th by myself in Melbourne. Should I go back to Singapore for just 4 days 3 nights? Flights back to Singapore are even cheaper than to fly to Bali! But for such a short period of time, is it really worth spending the money, and knowing that 4 days 3 nights is no where near sufficient when it comes to Singapore.
Travelling aside, I am also supposed to be writing some script for my friend but I am so lazy I haven't even started it. The meeting with him was 2 weeks ago and I am still sitting on the project like it is not going to happen. I have fortunately, to make myself feel better, been exploring cafes and restaurants here so I have written a couple of reviews, but my 'to-review list' is still so long with so many pending. OUCH. Not much progress there.
Work is not looking any brighter either. March seems to be the 'dumb' month for me because I seem to behave really dumb. First up, the conference was so un-beneficial for me and our team and what we do, I had no contributions whatsoever when we brainstormed. Then I do not feel productive at all at work. I seem to be spending more time at work but not making progress. I was more irritable - be it my temper, or my bowel. It was never like that before and I felt like I am going crazy with all these twirling around me and I just want to lie down and shut everything out for now.
Fortunately we have a long weekend this week. Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. I am going fishing at Lake Entrance over Saturday and Sunday. And I am going to rest on Good Friday, going no where but my room, reading and writing. And Monday I may be going to a cafe with a friend, and perhaps go and get that wardrobe and bookshelf I've been wanting to get for years at IKEA. Best thing is, I am not even working the whole week at the restaurant! Hooray! I can't wait.
Hopefully I will not be too lazy to blog before summer ends. Perhaps the last hot day tomorrow (34 degrees!) and then temperatures will dip to 20-ish degrees. I can't wait for winter to come! But daylight savings end soon and the skies will get dark at 5pm eventually. That is the part of winter I hate - shorter daytime. Anyway, I shall leave this post as it is now, and do my homework before class tomorrow.
Until then, visit my website at The Pork Belly!
Comments