The May Odyssey
It has been a while since I last blogged something. I cannot quite determine if the reason behind this is because I am just too busy, or because I am simply too lazy. Either way, I am in some ways sacrificing my sleep to make this blog post (though the actual reason is because I am still eating my potato noodle soup as I start on this post, and so I am no way ready for bed yet!)
May 2012 has been a very fulfilling month. Even though it is not quite over yet, but it felt like a FULL month to me with all the activities going on. These activities mainly surround FOOD and more FOOD. I don't know if I should term myself as a foodie, but then I do love to go around and explore new restaurants. Plus, I love to eat. Never before in a month have I spent so much time and money pigging out with friends. I guess I can get away with it with my birthday, but I admit I am actually quite broke now....
So what is it in the month of May that deserves this giant post? Let's find out.......
1. Mother's Day
Mommy and I talked for 2 hours (considered shorter than our usual conversations!). I always enjoy every conversation with my mom who never fails to fill me in with loads of info with her forever up-to-date knowledge. I miss my mommy!
2. Daddy's birthday
9th May. My conversations with my father is usually short and straight to the point. The difference with me and my dad VS me and my mom is that we hardly ever talk on the phone, but we text frequently. My mum and I talk more often but never text each other. I miss my daddy!!
3. Coffee Art class
Completed my coffee art class, and even though I still do not ace with my fancy latte art, but at least I am better than I was before, and also realized that I am more of a rosetta person than a heart-shape person. Strange too, because rosetta is actually a more complex latte art than a heart.
4. Start of Korean classes
Next level of Korean class has commenced, and I am really glad my good friends are still in it, with the addition of Tony, who came back! Our 선생님 tried her best ways to make our class the most enjoyable ever, and she is the best teacher that I have had so far in Melbourne.
5. Birthdays
Many birthdays going on this month. Of course, Dad's birthday, and my birthday on 13th May, Amelia's on 12th May, Maylinda also on 12th May, Shu Yea on 16th May, Mell's on 22nd May,Saya on 20th, Lesley on 20th and a few others as well....
6. Amelia in Melbourne
For a very short period of time, but I had fun with her here. Great Ocean Road was a big trip that I've not taken in ages! Plus trying out a few restaurants that I have intended to try before and seized this perfect opportunity to (e.g. CODA, Campari, Ishiya Stonegrill et al.)
Great Ocean Road is dazzling as always. Even though I have been there several times now, the view there still enchants. It is hard to be sick of the works of nature, a beauty nobody can deny.
7. Dyed my hair (again)
Well, for a darker colour than before. As well as getting that well-deserved trim, and getting rid of my long-ish fringe which simply loved to poke my eyes!
8. Birthday celebrations
This is my last year in my 20s, so I did not refrain from anything planned/unplanned for my birthday celebrations. Most of the dinner outings were planned by my friends and colleagues though.
9. Housewarming
First time in Kensington (suburb) for Sharuen and Rich's housewarming. The 3 of us were once housemates in Elsternwick, but eventually have all moved out to other places. They have chosen to stay together again. Their new rented apartment is new, and though very compact, is very nice. I am always a sucker for newly-build houses! Also caught up with friends whom I have not seen in years --- Hope (3 years no see?) is now married with a kid; Daisy (2 years??) is back and working in Williamstown, as well as Sharuen (1 year?) and Rich himself (1 year too?). Oh, and Charlton and his gf Misa as well. And there were also other people there I do not know. It was great seeing these people after this long.....
10. Android exploration
From my previous post, I have made the switch from iOS to Android. For non-technology geeks, I have changed my iPhone4 to a HTC One-X. Loving my android so far. The only setback with this gadget is that the battery seriously doesn't last. Anything else other than that do not lose out to the iOS system, and in fact some feature are actually better! YAY-ness ~~
11. Upcoming: Mell's birthday celebration
Most likely heading for Korean BBQ at a new place in the city. I have already ordered a cake for her, so hopefully it would be good!!
12. Upcoming: More and more!
Movie promises with a good friend to catch "Dark Knight". Dinner promises with a couple of friends. WOOT!!
13. Work as usual
Bummer.... Do I have to end such a post with work????
I have been working my ass off amidst all these going on. I just worked lesser shifts at the restaurants but my office job is not any easier either.
I vow to save up when June comes because I still need to save up for my trip end of the year, but my bank account has once again sent its shrilling precaution that my balance is fast plummeting to the rocks underneath. *sob*
Expecting to be working more at the restaurant as well, much to my dismay. Many of our staff are students, and the exam periods are coming up so they will be taking a month off to study and sit for exams. It will only be me and Benise struggling then. SIGH! I guess meanwhile I will have to rest up as much as I can, and have fun while it lasts!
Ok, got to hit the sack and start early later (MONDAY AGAIN!!). I really wish I can have another day of weekend!!
May 2012 has been a very fulfilling month. Even though it is not quite over yet, but it felt like a FULL month to me with all the activities going on. These activities mainly surround FOOD and more FOOD. I don't know if I should term myself as a foodie, but then I do love to go around and explore new restaurants. Plus, I love to eat. Never before in a month have I spent so much time and money pigging out with friends. I guess I can get away with it with my birthday, but I admit I am actually quite broke now....
So what is it in the month of May that deserves this giant post? Let's find out.......
1. Mother's Day
Mommy and I talked for 2 hours (considered shorter than our usual conversations!). I always enjoy every conversation with my mom who never fails to fill me in with loads of info with her forever up-to-date knowledge. I miss my mommy!
2. Daddy's birthday
9th May. My conversations with my father is usually short and straight to the point. The difference with me and my dad VS me and my mom is that we hardly ever talk on the phone, but we text frequently. My mum and I talk more often but never text each other. I miss my daddy!!
3. Coffee Art class
Completed my coffee art class, and even though I still do not ace with my fancy latte art, but at least I am better than I was before, and also realized that I am more of a rosetta person than a heart-shape person. Strange too, because rosetta is actually a more complex latte art than a heart.
4. Start of Korean classes
Next level of Korean class has commenced, and I am really glad my good friends are still in it, with the addition of Tony, who came back! Our 선생님 tried her best ways to make our class the most enjoyable ever, and she is the best teacher that I have had so far in Melbourne.
5. Birthdays
Many birthdays going on this month. Of course, Dad's birthday, and my birthday on 13th May, Amelia's on 12th May, Maylinda also on 12th May, Shu Yea on 16th May, Mell's on 22nd May,Saya on 20th, Lesley on 20th and a few others as well....
6. Amelia in Melbourne
For a very short period of time, but I had fun with her here. Great Ocean Road was a big trip that I've not taken in ages! Plus trying out a few restaurants that I have intended to try before and seized this perfect opportunity to (e.g. CODA, Campari, Ishiya Stonegrill et al.)
Great Ocean Road is dazzling as always. Even though I have been there several times now, the view there still enchants. It is hard to be sick of the works of nature, a beauty nobody can deny.
7. Dyed my hair (again)
Well, for a darker colour than before. As well as getting that well-deserved trim, and getting rid of my long-ish fringe which simply loved to poke my eyes!
8. Birthday celebrations
This is my last year in my 20s, so I did not refrain from anything planned/unplanned for my birthday celebrations. Most of the dinner outings were planned by my friends and colleagues though.
8-1. Dinner at AOBA (Malvern) with Ryo
One of the unintentional birthday plans because I just wanted to catch up with Ryo, and I was missing food from AOBA.
8.2. Lunch with colleagues at Miss Jackson (St. Kilda)
Undoubtedly my favorite cafe, and it is close to our office. Mell has arranged lunch for me with her, Kessie, my managers Stephen and Martin, and a few others also came along - mostly people from IM - e.g. Adrian, Gareth, Grant, Britt-Marie, and Mark.
8.3. Dinner with colleagues at Moshi Moshi (Port Melbourne)
This is a mini one with Mell and Kessie, with a restaurant of my choice. I stumbled across this Japanese restaurant on the internet and thought we could give it a try. Turned out that their food is pretty good!
Coffee and cakes afterwards at South Melbourne.
Coffee and cakes afterwards at South Melbourne.
8.4. Gami joys (Healey Lane CBD) with Ai-Lin
Korean fried chicken, soju and beer with Ai-Lin on a Saturday night. Chilled and relaxed. Light as feather feeling afterwards but we left the place really happy.
8.5. Buffet with Yongshan and Shu Yea
In conjunction of our birthdays (me and SY), we splurged at China Bar Asian Buffet (Exhibition St CBD) where we stuffed ourselves with seafood, sashimi and soufflé until we were bottled up to our throats.
8.6. Mini celebration at home
Housemates Angela and Andrew bought a log cake for me and sang me the happy birthday song.
8.7. Celebrations with Amelia
Of course, with our birthdays one day apart, and we happen to be in the same country, then it only calls for a celebration together. Official cake (or tart) blowing was at Campari, but I'd say we were just celebrating 3 days in a row even if there were no cakes involved!
8.8. Upcoming celebrations
Perhaps there are more.... I just don't have that much time to hang out all the time. A couple of friends have asked me out but I wasn't able to find time for them. So when I do, it may be more 'celebrations'? *shrugs*
9. Housewarming
First time in Kensington (suburb) for Sharuen and Rich's housewarming. The 3 of us were once housemates in Elsternwick, but eventually have all moved out to other places. They have chosen to stay together again. Their new rented apartment is new, and though very compact, is very nice. I am always a sucker for newly-build houses! Also caught up with friends whom I have not seen in years --- Hope (3 years no see?) is now married with a kid; Daisy (2 years??) is back and working in Williamstown, as well as Sharuen (1 year?) and Rich himself (1 year too?). Oh, and Charlton and his gf Misa as well. And there were also other people there I do not know. It was great seeing these people after this long.....
10. Android exploration
From my previous post, I have made the switch from iOS to Android. For non-technology geeks, I have changed my iPhone4 to a HTC One-X. Loving my android so far. The only setback with this gadget is that the battery seriously doesn't last. Anything else other than that do not lose out to the iOS system, and in fact some feature are actually better! YAY-ness ~~
11. Upcoming: Mell's birthday celebration
Most likely heading for Korean BBQ at a new place in the city. I have already ordered a cake for her, so hopefully it would be good!!
12. Upcoming: More and more!
Movie promises with a good friend to catch "Dark Knight". Dinner promises with a couple of friends. WOOT!!
13. Work as usual
Bummer.... Do I have to end such a post with work????
I have been working my ass off amidst all these going on. I just worked lesser shifts at the restaurants but my office job is not any easier either.
I vow to save up when June comes because I still need to save up for my trip end of the year, but my bank account has once again sent its shrilling precaution that my balance is fast plummeting to the rocks underneath. *sob*
Expecting to be working more at the restaurant as well, much to my dismay. Many of our staff are students, and the exam periods are coming up so they will be taking a month off to study and sit for exams. It will only be me and Benise struggling then. SIGH! I guess meanwhile I will have to rest up as much as I can, and have fun while it lasts!
Ok, got to hit the sack and start early later (MONDAY AGAIN!!). I really wish I can have another day of weekend!!







Comments