The Android Battle
Should I get HTC One X, or Samsung Galaxy 2? Or should I wait for Samsung Galaxy 3 instead?
Questions I kept asking myself over and over again thus hindering my purchase decision:
1. I am only one year through my 2 years contract for my iPhone4. To terminate this contract and sign up for a new phone means I have to pay off upfront (about $400) for the difference, so that I can start a new contract. I have to do that if I want to keep my number, unless I am willing to sign up to a new one. Don't really know at the moment what is the best and cheapest option yet. A lot of weighing to do I suppose.
2. Samsung phones are known for their poor battery life. And they are usually usable for only a year before they start deteriorating. However I love that Galaxy phone!!! SIGH!
3. Samsung Galaxy s3 is due to come out soon. Should I wait? Given the inferior battery life, should I go for the next option instead -- HTC
4. Played with the newest HTC phone and loved loved loved it!!! Everything on it at the moment as I see, is near perfect. However, I forgot to check when I was fiddling around my friend's model, the language support. I suspect it may only have English and Chinese writing options, and not Korean. As I write Korean abundantly it is essential I have a Korean language in the default settings. I have to check that out. If there isn't any, I would have to give up on this phone.
5. Yes my iPhone4 has been giving me the quirks: [Uncooperative home button.], [Voice control that cannot be turned off no matter how I dig around the settings, and will end up calling random people on my contact list especially when the phone is sitting in my bag!],[Mic and speakers go all cranky and will be either be so soft a decibel that I cannot hear anything and then suddenly made a huge crescendo music would be blasting in my ears. I swear it is possessed!], [Slow responses after every swipe and tap. Annoys me!], [Camera honestly loses out to my two above-mentioned preferred phones too].
But it is still in working condition. In fact, acceptable and reasonably good condition. Economically speaking I shouldn't even be thinking about changing just because I am frustrated with my phone, and has changed heart for a second product. Plus, the fact that I am indeed some technology freak who loves trying new phones and working things out. New technologies updates every month. I buy a phone now and will only find myself be outdated the next month. So why rush???
One thing is for sure: I am so OVER iPhone4 with its iOS processors, as well as Apple altogether. I still love my iPad, but that's about all I am willing to keep. Stupid iPhone4 kept throwing tantrums at me. ARGH. Whether or not I will be waiting til my contract ends, or if I want to wait til newer versions of Samsung or HTC comes out, I know my next phone would not be the iPhone5. Making the big switch to ANDROID!
I know there is something called 'warranty' for all my existing problems, but honestly I am starting to not be bothered.
Plus I realized that iPhone and other Apple products lack interactivity as compared to Android phones. They can't be flipped around and produce that 3D effect. Apple products only have that flat interface where users just have to swipe to get to the next page. I don't mind the simplicity of that, but if the screen is more engaging I think it is simply just more attractive. Plus, the Android phones I am looking at has much bigger screens than the iPhone. I dig that big screen. And all the people I know who are Android lovers agree with this too - BIG=better.
There is another side reason why I want to change my iPhone as well: EVERYONE here seems to be using it! 8 out of 10 people are using iPhone, and I find myself just like everyone else but with a different 'bumper' case. Apple's marketing strategies really cannot be overlooked. The only thing about the Apple product is the huge array of apps available on AppStore. Android perhaps only have less than 70% of what Apple AppStore has, but honestly it does not hugely bother me. What matters most is that I have the apps that I always use. E.g. Whatssap, Facebook, tram tracker, translator, news app, KBS World app, skype, twitter etc... just to name a few.
Just waiting for that impulse moment where I would just walk into a shop and demand to switch my phone regardless of costs. Whilst other people save money on gadgets and invest in a new car, I usually am more willing to splurge on a new gadget because I am always using and engaged on my mobile device. Yes, I want a new car as well, but you know, that is something I can probably only get in another 5 years or so....
I will post here as soon as I get a new device. Who knows, it may even be tomorrow! :)
The Samsung Galaxy S2 white.
The HTC One X
1. I am only one year through my 2 years contract for my iPhone4. To terminate this contract and sign up for a new phone means I have to pay off upfront (about $400) for the difference, so that I can start a new contract. I have to do that if I want to keep my number, unless I am willing to sign up to a new one. Don't really know at the moment what is the best and cheapest option yet. A lot of weighing to do I suppose.
2. Samsung phones are known for their poor battery life. And they are usually usable for only a year before they start deteriorating. However I love that Galaxy phone!!! SIGH!
3. Samsung Galaxy s3 is due to come out soon. Should I wait? Given the inferior battery life, should I go for the next option instead -- HTC
4. Played with the newest HTC phone and loved loved loved it!!! Everything on it at the moment as I see, is near perfect. However, I forgot to check when I was fiddling around my friend's model, the language support. I suspect it may only have English and Chinese writing options, and not Korean. As I write Korean abundantly it is essential I have a Korean language in the default settings. I have to check that out. If there isn't any, I would have to give up on this phone.
5. Yes my iPhone4 has been giving me the quirks: [Uncooperative home button.], [Voice control that cannot be turned off no matter how I dig around the settings, and will end up calling random people on my contact list especially when the phone is sitting in my bag!],[Mic and speakers go all cranky and will be either be so soft a decibel that I cannot hear anything and then suddenly made a huge crescendo music would be blasting in my ears. I swear it is possessed!], [Slow responses after every swipe and tap. Annoys me!], [Camera honestly loses out to my two above-mentioned preferred phones too].
But it is still in working condition. In fact, acceptable and reasonably good condition. Economically speaking I shouldn't even be thinking about changing just because I am frustrated with my phone, and has changed heart for a second product. Plus, the fact that I am indeed some technology freak who loves trying new phones and working things out. New technologies updates every month. I buy a phone now and will only find myself be outdated the next month. So why rush???
One thing is for sure: I am so OVER iPhone4 with its iOS processors, as well as Apple altogether. I still love my iPad, but that's about all I am willing to keep. Stupid iPhone4 kept throwing tantrums at me. ARGH. Whether or not I will be waiting til my contract ends, or if I want to wait til newer versions of Samsung or HTC comes out, I know my next phone would not be the iPhone5. Making the big switch to ANDROID!
I know there is something called 'warranty' for all my existing problems, but honestly I am starting to not be bothered.
Plus I realized that iPhone and other Apple products lack interactivity as compared to Android phones. They can't be flipped around and produce that 3D effect. Apple products only have that flat interface where users just have to swipe to get to the next page. I don't mind the simplicity of that, but if the screen is more engaging I think it is simply just more attractive. Plus, the Android phones I am looking at has much bigger screens than the iPhone. I dig that big screen. And all the people I know who are Android lovers agree with this too - BIG=better.
There is another side reason why I want to change my iPhone as well: EVERYONE here seems to be using it! 8 out of 10 people are using iPhone, and I find myself just like everyone else but with a different 'bumper' case. Apple's marketing strategies really cannot be overlooked. The only thing about the Apple product is the huge array of apps available on AppStore. Android perhaps only have less than 70% of what Apple AppStore has, but honestly it does not hugely bother me. What matters most is that I have the apps that I always use. E.g. Whatssap, Facebook, tram tracker, translator, news app, KBS World app, skype, twitter etc... just to name a few.
Just waiting for that impulse moment where I would just walk into a shop and demand to switch my phone regardless of costs. Whilst other people save money on gadgets and invest in a new car, I usually am more willing to splurge on a new gadget because I am always using and engaged on my mobile device. Yes, I want a new car as well, but you know, that is something I can probably only get in another 5 years or so....
I will post here as soon as I get a new device. Who knows, it may even be tomorrow! :)


Comments