iPhone 4~
Yes, I know... I heard... I read.... Everyone's telling me.... That iPhone 5 is coming out this coming September... However, I couldn't hold back my itchy hands, and that my old iPhone 3 has been giving me some problems (blank outs, occasional sudden shut-downs, slow loading etc etc). So I got my iPhone 4.... really should've gotten it earlier...
However, since I've overspent and my bill in March grossed a grand AUD 360 (cuz of roaming charges... heartache...) I have now, instead, entitlements to much better offers for my phone upgrade because of all that high expenditure. I have different options to choose from, giving me the lowest cost and best benefits. Basically my handset is only $10 per month for 24 months. Plus, I can maintain my rate plan and receive more spending credits for calls and SMS, PLUS $500 worth of international calls (approx 6-7 hours worth of calls if I call Singapore). Like when will I even need to use up all that $500 since I either use FB or skype; and WhatsApp on iPhone. Even though iPhone 4 is not a whole lot different from my old iPhone 3 set, however, I love the feel of it, and the clear LCD display, and it being a lot faster than my old handset. Spent the entire night trying to sync everything from my old phone to my new one, and then loading more songs into my iPod.
Got the coloured silicone iPhone 4 protection cover for a discounted price of $20 (not cheap to me, but it's cheap compared to other places... it was $29.90 before!). The guy at 3 Mobile helped me set everything up, right down to putting on the screen protector and silicone cover. As usual, I am like some technology kid who gets excited over a new gadget, so I am sorta clinging on onto my iPhone 4 like a kid to his/her toy...
![]() |
| They do not have the white ones here, so mine is the black iPhone 4 |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The iPhone purchasing adventure started after my supposedly day-off on Wednesday, but ended up going for lunch shift. One of my colleagues had something to tend to and couldn't work in the day. I have tried finding someone else who was working on Wednesday night to work lunch as well, but no one could. In the end, I had to go. Sucks.... cuz Wednesday was my ONLY day off this week. I got the night off, however, I just felt like I've not rested enough. I am seriously exhausted. Plus, I think I've pulled my shoulder muscle from all the lifting and carrying stuff around just for the renovation. My shoulder annoys the hell out of me!
Tuesday night, was a disaster. The entire restaurant went berserk, with everyone back from their Easter and Anzac holidays. What was worse, I am the only senior staff working that night, together with Fang, who's not quite senior (though she has probably been working for a year or so, but not very regular shifts), and 4 other new staff. I nearly cried that night. I have no choice but to put Fang in the bar, but she is pretty new at the position so she was struggling when we were crazy busy. I had to be the Float person. So I was helping everyone out and managing take-away time. The phones just kept on ringing off the hook. The moment I hang up, the next call comes in. Why are we so popular I don't know. Why do the customers like to drive us up the wall, I don't know either. Plus, the older boss was on his own (the younger one's on holidays now) with Zhan, and he was tensed. I have to look after him and his ability to catch up; look after the junior staff; look after Fang in the bar who was trying her best but was obviously struggling; look after the timing for take-away; look after this new girl who got yelled at and was crying upstairs because boss yelled at her; look after customers and their needs; look after the EFTPOS machine who chooses that very time to be down and people cannot pay by AMEX and DINER cards. I had to look after so many things I was exploding. At the end of the night, I didn't know what I've done. Everything was blank. In fact, I was even chiding myself for my own lousy performance. Honestly I was only half person working that night. I was the first to start and set up, and I was the last to leave. I wasn't very good with my management. Everything was in a total mess.
Actually when I saw who I will be working with when I was looking at the time table, I have already put my doubt across to my senior: I think it is likely for Tuesday to be very busy since everyone comes back from the holidays; we can expect Tuesday to be like our usual (busiest) Sunday; We will definitely need one more senior to work. However, my senior claimed we'll be OK and it's probably not going to be busy. Unfortunately I was right about this. And I wasn't very lucky cuz I nearly didn't survive.
Sometimes I really wish someone will take me seriously....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
![]() |
| Michelle's 30th birthday celebration |
Rushed over to where Sarah and Kirsten's (they are housemates now!) rented apartment is in Brunswick after work on Monday night so I can join in celebrating Michelle's 30th birthday. Actually her birthday was in late February and she had a party organized then (which I was invited but wasn't able to attend cuz I was in Korea). However, her husband broke his leg during that time and the party has to be cancelled. Michelle postponed her party til early this month, however I wasn't able to attend again cuz I had work (and her place is quite far away for me to get there after work). Sarah organized a Party Plan mini celebration for Michelle, so I tried my best to go (cuz I felt really bad for being absent all the time) even though I was dead tired after work. Honestly I couldn't really catch up with their conversation with half my brain already in lala-land. I missed the dinner Kirsten made, but I was in time for the cake Sarah made. Yummy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've found out, after my return from Korea, that Singapore Chom Chom has closed down. Last evening on my way to the Asian groceries, I walked past my old workplace, and saw the big poster with the big bold letters "FOR LEASE", and it was empty and pitch dark inside. As compared to the brightly lit and bustling restaurant that I've always known, you can't fail to realize that they are really, really closed.
I am not very sad that they are closed since I've not worked there (nor visited) for such a long time. Things have changed heaps since we all left. People have changed, and the food standards have fell too... However, it is what that is shut together in that little empty shop - my precious memories - now all stowed away, waiting to collect dust and be forgotten. Reason for closing the place down is unknown (to me) yet. Perhaps it's for the better - both for Steven, the boss; as well as..... for me. Hope those memories get buried away....


Comments
Will pester Jeff to buy iPhone 5 when it comes out and will try to 'kapo' the phone from him when he buys it and pass the iPhone 4 to him in 'exchange'. Lolx.
i've been wanting to change my iphone for quite some time, but kept my old one since it's still in working condition. just slower. when iphone 5 comes out i will wait for iphone 6 maybe? hahaha... i mean, there's no point changing all the time.... some of my friends are still carrying the first generation iphone... but i like my iphone 4 now... carrying it with me all the time :P