Booze.Food.Coffee.Booze.Booze.More Booze

Wow! So quick with updates this time!! Hmmm... maybe cuz I'm still wide awake despite having had a massive headache 2 hours ago... Swallowed 2 panadol tablets and felt so much better that I couldn't even get to bed. And it's now what.... 3:17AM on my clock. Ahhhhh after this post I have to get to bed...

I've been drinking so much lately I think my liver might be screaming for help. It's been soju every single day. Bottles and bottles of soju downed into my body. It's really bad, but I feel comforted drinking like that. And the peeps at the guest house are pretty good drinkers too, so I have company. Every night, it's soju and beer, with snacks and/or BBQ. I think I've got to stop when I get back to Melbourne.... Let my liver rest a little bit. 

Anyway, life carries on in Seoul, and I am seriously not doing anything much. I am not even going around much anymore, other than meeting friends, and exploring good cafes. Seriously, I could've gone back to Melbourne and make money, and half of me really want to go back like now cuz - 1) no more money; 2) there is an epilogue to whatever 'unspeakable' that has happened to me, and I didn't like it. However, the other half of me wants to stay. I am enjoying Korea no matter what, and honestly I have no idea when I will be able to come again, so I want to make the moment last longer. 

Some of the people at my guest house that I've become closer to have left, or is leaving. For example, Ira, a very bubbly and outgoing Indonesian girl has left, and the guest house seems to be quieter without her. I felt close to her, and we, together with Slovenian guy Jan, seems to share similar interests, and pretty much similar personality traits as well, that we are like brothers and sisters. Jan is still here, fortunately. At least he is one of the friends at the guest house I talk to pretty often. 

In Korea, you can basically order almost anything with just one phone call away and get them to deliver to your place. This jjajang-myeon was what we ordered for lunch 3 days ago. 

My new pair of anke-high boots. OMG I love them so much though they do hurt a little cuz... they are new~ they're high-heeled, though they are chunky heels not those skinny lil ones... So I am ok with those. For 3 days in a row I've worn these and walked around like that... I guess I'm getting the hang of it.
Girls in Korea really love their heels. You can see them everywhere teetering around in (to me) scary looking heels. 

The 'siblings' - Jan (1986), Ira (1981) and me (1983)
I'm the 'middle child'
We get along so well... I miss Ira already!

Friends at the guest house - the other 2 guys are from Japan. I'm so bad with names, and even though they've told me their names TWICE I still don't quite remember. They were very nice peeps, but they've gone back to Japan now.

And then I met Hyun Kyung unni again, and I love her company! She's a really really nice girl~ You can really improve your language ability when you hang out with native Korean people. My biggest problem is probably that I know all these things I can say, but when the situation arises, I stumped. And I don't know how to correct this. ARGH! I need heaps of practice!

I met her at Hupjeong station, and we went to B-Hind again. Met more friends of Jay and Hyun Kyung. Had a drink there, and we walked from Hupjeong to Hongdae (they are just next to each other, and within walking distance). Looked around interesting looking shops and cafes. A lot of pretty cafes around I want to try, but then there won't be enough time. We ended in Cafe Sukara (meaning 'spoon' in Korean) and had dinner there. Nice ambiance and nice food there~ Lovely~

Refreshing drinks at B-Hind. I love how the colour of the drinks matches with the coasters. So pretty~! 

Though we didn't go in, I'm glad to finally have found the original "Coffee Prince" cafe!!! The drama was being filmed in this very cafe, and thus the things in there are pretty expensive (or so I've read). 

@ Cafe Sukara with Hyun Kyung unni, and another unni who is friends with both Hyun Kyung and Jay. Her name is Yoon Jeong and she's really friendly too. She works at Cafe Sukara and she makes the food. 

And just now I met Subong and Midori for some really spicy chicken - so spicy we can't finish it~ For people who are able to eat real spicy like me, I found it difficult to eat it! My mouth wasn't burning that much, but my stomach was~ I kept drinking beer to wash the feeling down, only to end up feeling so bloated I just have to lie down. The dish was called 불닭 - fire chicken if you translate it, and the place was near Gwanak station, about 40minutes from where I am. Quite far away.

Before that really spicy meal, I went to this cafe called Raintree for some coffee and pancakes. It was near Ewha University. The coffee there wasn't impressive, so I was quite disappointed, however, the pancake was nice. The place has a middle-Eastern feel though, but very nice~
Stayed there finishing up the pancake, and when Midori finished her work she came to look for me there. There's when we set off to Gwanak. 
On the extreme left was that dish that set us all on fire. It was so spicy we had to eat steamed egg and the seafood pancake to smother the raging fire in our tummies. Plus, our BEER helped too. 


After dinner it was coffee time and we found a little cafe called Cafe Italico just behind the restaurant. Took polaroid pictures. I've brought my polaroid along, but only used it these couple of days. It was too heavy to bring it out with me everywhere so I always left it in my luggage bag.
I really like this pic cuz I think we all turned out well. Though Subong hated it cuz he thinks his face looks too big in it, but then it's OK cuz I kept this photo for myself. :)

Today, Sunday, I actually didn't have any plans! Nor am I meeting anyone. So I am probably going to take it easy. Wake up late, and go cafe exploring again. However I heard it's going to be raining yellow dust tomorrow.... So if that happens, I will probably have to stay in? I will decide tomorrow.

For now, it's seriously.... BED TIME. 4:05 AM. WOW.... 

Comments