Oh my sore sore legs~~~
Week 4's come and almost gone... and guess what? I've already started work for 2 weeks already.... YAY?? or NAY???
Guess where I work now... YOYOGI again... but not the one in Frankston, but the one on Swanston Street in the heart of Melbourne City. Least did I expect I'll end up working at the same restaurant again... Least did I want to work there again. But my chef friend who's working there (knew him when he used to go to Frankston every Monday) urged me to work there and took all the initiative to introduce me to the manager, and recommended me... I feel bad if I were to reject him outright, so I planned to work temporarily at Yoyogi and then switch to a new job when I get one. It's so difficult to get a job in the city! First of all you need a resume to apply. Then you face many competitions from locals and international students alike. Melbourne is definitely crowded, and there are many people like me looking for jobs... I've submitted a few resumes already, but haven't received any calls yet... Still waiting...
City's Yoyogi's menu is quite different from those in Frankston. They have all pure Japanese dishes (besides Chashu and Taiwan Ramen), whereas in Frankston, where they have several Chinese dishes. Procedures are more or less similar, slight differences, and they have an upstairs level to deal with, and also, there are many drinks and desserts that I've not come across in Frankston either. But the manager let me do all the cashiering and take-away sushi orders, because I've experience in that, when by right relatively new staff (up to 3-6months) aren't supposed to touch the cash registers at all. That's why several waitresses there were very surprised I'm allowed to work at the counter when I've only worked there for 2 weeks.
It was quite alright working there, besides ONE particular waitress whom no one likes, who is extremely BOSSY and she totally CONTAMINATES my day! ARGH! Besides that, the city's outlet is DAMN BUSY. Imagine, on average, there are 600 orders on a normal weekday!! That is 6 times that of Frankston! Especially now it's the midst of the Commonwealth Games... City's extremely crowded. My legs are so sore!! I can't feel them at all~

^ This is the Yoyogi I currently work at... Snapped this photo during my break just right across Yoyogi, outside Chinatown...
This week I worked on Tuesday (10am-10.30pm) and Wednesday (12-10pm) and I'm supposed to work on Thursday as well (half-day) but I told the manager, NO I can't work on Thursday, and I told him I have to study for my test on Friday, which is 95% true, cuz I do have my Quantitative Methods test on Friday, and also, I'm so tired!!!! 2 FULL days isn't fun at all!

And I need my daily supplement everyday since I work. Either I make myself coffee in the restaurant, or I go get one myself...
Made a few friends there too... Hanasaka is the sushi chef I've already known way back when I first started off in Frankston. His daughter Yuki works in the city, and I've seen her and we kinda know each other when she visited Frankston several times before... She's so feisty and so small and KAWAII!! We hit it off immediately, though my Japanese is really really bad, and when I tried speaking Japanese it sounded funny to her lol... The chef who recommended me, Wang, is also an old friend. Another girl from China, Vivian, is also a nice girl, and I have been working with her alot serving customers on the 2nd level. And I got to know a fellow Korean colleague Jin Hee, and we communicated a little in Korean... I can manage Korean much better than I can for Japanese! Another malaysian girl who's the head waitress, Joanne is also pretty friendly. And a couple of chefs there are pretty friendly as well... It's overall pretty good environment, even though if you ask me, I'll say I prefer Frankston's people much better cuz I know them so much better....
And luckily for me, my housemates save my dinner and I get something really delicious when I get home from work... I do get dinner in the restaruant, but somehow I don't eat alot there, and by the time I knock off from work, and travel all the way back home, I'm starving... It's good to have home-cooked food everytime I get back!

My panda eyes... I'm so tired!!!
Guess what I did with my first pay... Ya... GO SHOPPING...
No idea since when, I've became really vain... I can't go out without the right match of clothes and shoes, complete with bag, earrings, necklace and makeup, so much so I'm constantly searching for something that will complement something else in my wardrobe... I'm crazy~!

I spent $68 on these... what a waste of money! But I can't resist those shoes! The bag's on sale, and I like it, so I got it... I really should do something about my spending....
Luckily I'm spared from work this weekend, so I just have to relax and do some studying or have abit of fun... Next week's gonna be school AND work again... Sigh.... What to do? I need $$$
Guess where I work now... YOYOGI again... but not the one in Frankston, but the one on Swanston Street in the heart of Melbourne City. Least did I expect I'll end up working at the same restaurant again... Least did I want to work there again. But my chef friend who's working there (knew him when he used to go to Frankston every Monday) urged me to work there and took all the initiative to introduce me to the manager, and recommended me... I feel bad if I were to reject him outright, so I planned to work temporarily at Yoyogi and then switch to a new job when I get one. It's so difficult to get a job in the city! First of all you need a resume to apply. Then you face many competitions from locals and international students alike. Melbourne is definitely crowded, and there are many people like me looking for jobs... I've submitted a few resumes already, but haven't received any calls yet... Still waiting...
City's Yoyogi's menu is quite different from those in Frankston. They have all pure Japanese dishes (besides Chashu and Taiwan Ramen), whereas in Frankston, where they have several Chinese dishes. Procedures are more or less similar, slight differences, and they have an upstairs level to deal with, and also, there are many drinks and desserts that I've not come across in Frankston either. But the manager let me do all the cashiering and take-away sushi orders, because I've experience in that, when by right relatively new staff (up to 3-6months) aren't supposed to touch the cash registers at all. That's why several waitresses there were very surprised I'm allowed to work at the counter when I've only worked there for 2 weeks.
It was quite alright working there, besides ONE particular waitress whom no one likes, who is extremely BOSSY and she totally CONTAMINATES my day! ARGH! Besides that, the city's outlet is DAMN BUSY. Imagine, on average, there are 600 orders on a normal weekday!! That is 6 times that of Frankston! Especially now it's the midst of the Commonwealth Games... City's extremely crowded. My legs are so sore!! I can't feel them at all~

^ This is the Yoyogi I currently work at... Snapped this photo during my break just right across Yoyogi, outside Chinatown...
This week I worked on Tuesday (10am-10.30pm) and Wednesday (12-10pm) and I'm supposed to work on Thursday as well (half-day) but I told the manager, NO I can't work on Thursday, and I told him I have to study for my test on Friday, which is 95% true, cuz I do have my Quantitative Methods test on Friday, and also, I'm so tired!!!! 2 FULL days isn't fun at all!

And I need my daily supplement everyday since I work. Either I make myself coffee in the restaurant, or I go get one myself...
Made a few friends there too... Hanasaka is the sushi chef I've already known way back when I first started off in Frankston. His daughter Yuki works in the city, and I've seen her and we kinda know each other when she visited Frankston several times before... She's so feisty and so small and KAWAII!! We hit it off immediately, though my Japanese is really really bad, and when I tried speaking Japanese it sounded funny to her lol... The chef who recommended me, Wang, is also an old friend. Another girl from China, Vivian, is also a nice girl, and I have been working with her alot serving customers on the 2nd level. And I got to know a fellow Korean colleague Jin Hee, and we communicated a little in Korean... I can manage Korean much better than I can for Japanese! Another malaysian girl who's the head waitress, Joanne is also pretty friendly. And a couple of chefs there are pretty friendly as well... It's overall pretty good environment, even though if you ask me, I'll say I prefer Frankston's people much better cuz I know them so much better....
And luckily for me, my housemates save my dinner and I get something really delicious when I get home from work... I do get dinner in the restaruant, but somehow I don't eat alot there, and by the time I knock off from work, and travel all the way back home, I'm starving... It's good to have home-cooked food everytime I get back!

My panda eyes... I'm so tired!!!
Guess what I did with my first pay... Ya... GO SHOPPING...
No idea since when, I've became really vain... I can't go out without the right match of clothes and shoes, complete with bag, earrings, necklace and makeup, so much so I'm constantly searching for something that will complement something else in my wardrobe... I'm crazy~!

I spent $68 on these... what a waste of money! But I can't resist those shoes! The bag's on sale, and I like it, so I got it... I really should do something about my spending....
Luckily I'm spared from work this weekend, so I just have to relax and do some studying or have abit of fun... Next week's gonna be school AND work again... Sigh.... What to do? I need $$$
Comments