ENTERS my MASTER... Enters a NEW LIFE

LONG time no update~~

Before I know it, it's almost 2 weeks that I've arrived in Australia. Moved into my new place in Clayton. Now I'm nearer to the city... YAY~~ 8 minutes walk to Monash Clayton, 10 minutes shuttle bus ride from Monash Clayton to Monash Caulfield, where my Master course will be.

MY COURSE
Oh dear... after attending my classes, I realized I have ALOT to catch up on. I forgot most of the economics and statistics classes I did in poly, which was like 5 years back. And Accounting seminar was so boring.... but I managed to understand the first lecture, which was a relief, but I guess the stuff that're coming up will be more and more challenging. And I have a couple of evening classes, which I'm not used to. Attending class til 9pm at night?? NOOOO... I miss my dinner, and though my housemates are nice enough to cook for me, but I can only eat after 10pm. Shuttle buses stop at 8.10pm, so I need to spend MONEY to get a train, then bus back home. And FYI, the fares here have increased. Why is everything so costly?

And I realized, that MOST of the people in my classes are from CHINA. I can't find another Singaporean around, or they are in another class. Anyway, majority are from China. Geeezz... I feel so foreign despite the fact I speak fluent Mandarin. I was wishing to meet more Singapore friends, or friends from Taiwan or Korea or Japan. But none. All China Chinese... :

Have been selling off my bachelor degree textbooks, so as to earn more money to buy new ones. Anyway I've too many things to store, so getting rid of some books will be a great help to me!

MY NEW HOUSE + HOUSEMATES
New life, new start, new house, of course new housemates, whom 2 of them I'm already friends with, and another girl whom I made friends only when she came back. All of them are from Malaysia. And I wonder why Malaysian girls can cook so well, cuz all of them are such good cooks I feel so lousy lol... but of course, I contribute in the cooking sometimes too. And fortunately, I didn't make anyone get food poisoning, or diarrhoea....

Seems like I'm staying with really nice people this time round. I've already known Sharuen and Ee Mei, but Mei Chin is a new friend and housemate whom I only got to meet few days back. She's pretty nice, and friendly, easy-going too. Mei Chin has just one more semester left, so she's sharing a room with Ee Mei, whilst Sharuen and I get our own rooms. She used to stay in this house actually, but she let her room to Sharuen. I took another girl Julianne's room.

The house is actually pretty nice~ and homely too. 2 stories. Nice!


My lovely housemates:
Image hosting by Photobucket
Clockwise: Me, Sharuen, Eemei and Meichin

THE WEATHER
So HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!! I thought I can escape the cruelty of summer when I come back, since it'll be cooler or something, but no.. the entire week was super HOT, and it's unbearable! And the thing is, there are no air-conditioning at home, so we're just surviving on fans and by opening the windows... but to me, it ain't helping alot. I need the aircon!!! >.<


SHARUEN'S 22nd BIRTHDAY PARTY
Sharuen's 22nd birthday was on 2nd March, but she held a steamboat party at our house on Sunday 5th March instead. Invited 20 over friends, only half of whom I know, cuz they're from Frankston last time. The other half are Sharuen's other friends whom I've no idea who, but got to know some of them after some self-introduction. There were HEAPS of food, and still HEAPS of food left after the steamboat! I didn't eat alot, cuz unfortunately I had a massive headache, but I tried to talk to the guests and stuff.... No appetite... But it was fun for Sharuen...

Some pics from the party:

Image hosting by Photobucket
Starting off with the sushi I made... Due to the fact that we went to Melbourne city before that, and came back pretty late (only managed to make it back home at 5.3opm, when the party is at 6!), I made those sushi in a rush! The guests came at 6pm SHARP! Pressurized these sushi didn't turn out very well, but still not too bad.... as in, the TASTE, not the LOOK

Image hosting by Photobucket
Look at those food.......

Image hosting by Photobucket
Another one of my housemates....

Image hosting by Photobucket
Took with Lakshi, Sharuen, and Chee Keong (I think that's his name)...
Talked to Lakshi about Sri Lanka... he said he'll try to make my favorite hopper for me. Apparently there's this Sri Lankan store somewhere near Clayton and he'll get the ingredients there! YAY!!!!

Image hosting by Photobucket
The birthday girl posing with her cake... a nice, but too sweet cake...
See the pendant?? that's my gift for Sharuen... :)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ok.. i forgot to turn that photo around, but it looks good like that.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Cutting the cake

Image hosting by Photobucket
Then the housemates get a shot with bday girl first

Image hosting by Photobucket
Then the girls of the party get a shot (apparently the housemates aren't girls, so I dunno what are we...)

Image hosting by Photobucket
Then the boys... who are afraid to be too close to the bday girl, but gradually inch closer for the photo...

The party was great~ but the clearing and washing up was horrid....
Sharuen received some great presents~ DKNY perfumes, Gucci perfumes, Nine West bag, chocolates, Supre top, flowers..... expensive stuff! I gave her a pendant, and Meichin and Eemei shared a skirt for her.

Back to school tomorrow~~~ :(


Comments