Update long overdue
It has been a long time since I last updated this page. I have
been both busy, AND lazy.
Recently I have decided to invest a little bit by paying $10
a month on Wordpress to host my own website, with my name as a domain. I have
not decided on a specific theme to feature on my site; there may be none. It
may just be random thoughts and observations, debates, critics, reviews. I do
not know if that site will mean a step up to a possible writing career. But I
am just going to host it anyway and see what happens. I am still trying to
figure out how to get the wordpress app to help me design my website with no
cost. Anyway, visit claricelau.com to view it.
As that site is public, I will have minimal personal
content, so this blog here is still alive, but I do not know how frequent I
will update this blog. I do have more time now since I am no longer working on
Sundays, but with that I also try to occupy myself with things I have not been
able to do. It has been two weeks since I have been dismissed from the
restaurant, but I have busied myself with stuff – I went to gym on the first
Sunday, and then to the temple on the second. I then went to do some grocery
shopping, got home and do some housework, cook my work lunches, and started my
website and developing it. Therefore I have not been free. My Sundays should
look like that from now on – it is either I go to the temple, or I go to gym in
the morning, then get ready for work at night. It is not so bad actually. I am
slowly getting over my dismissal, although it means a big pay cut. I just have
to watch carefully what I spend (though I haven’t been very obedient – I just
got myself two Pandora rings, a new pair of Nike runners, and a digital piano –
to be paid by instalments). Less eating outs and less shopping. I can probably
travel once this year, not more than that.
Coming up there will be a long public holiday for Easter –
from Good Friday 3 April to Easter Monday 6 April. Not sure what the plans are
but I am taking a day to climb The Thousand Steps. Gym for sure. Catch up on
sleep. Play my piano. Four days in a row will be fun, but it will surely pass
by quickly as well. Holidays always go by quickly. After the break it will be
busy full-on, mainly with work.
Whenever my next update will be, don’t panic if it doesn’t
come soon. I have not ditched this blog. Just taking it easy and cruising.
Comments