Happy 2015!

It has been more than a month since I last blogged, and it is now 2015!

Over the past 1.5 months or so I have been really busy either to clear off my work before my holidays, or to resume getting my work back on track after my holidays. And then, there were my holidays, which was so fun I have not visited my blog(s) even once.

For 23 days I played - stopped overnight in Singapore on the 15th when I had dinner with my parents before going to the airport again to fly to Korea via China. That was one treacherous flight. I vow NOT to ever fly through China again if I can help it! In Korea, I was moving around all the time - 2 days in Seoul, then 1.5 days in Gwangju, then back to Seoul for another day, and then 2 days in Chuncheon, back to Seoul for 2.5 days, then Incheon for my last 2 days. I went eating, drinking (alcohol), BBQ-ing, snowboarding, playing in the snow, shopping, catching up with friends, cafe hunting, traveling, took long bus rides etc etc etc... Very hectic, very tiring, but VERY FUN. I want to thank my good friend Jay for organising and resourcing all the trips in Chuncheon, Nami Island and Incheon, as well as for accommodating me at her house with her family before I left for the airport. Also special thanks to Mi Eun and her sister for taking time to fulfill my wish to snowboard. And of course to all my friends who I have met and caught up with in Korea - really thank you guys for taking time out to hang out with me!

Couldn't show everything in one collage, so I simply chose random photos to show:






And then there was my hometown, Singapore. It is always a delight to be back home, albeit the weather - I hate the humidity and the heat, and although the rain helped bring the temperature down, it got too frequent going out is a pain even with an umbrella. It was good to be having meals with my parents and chitchatting with them. It was also good to hang out with old friends and catch up with them. And of course, the best part would be the FOOD in SG is simply the BEST! Chicken rice, laksa, roti prata, satay, chilli crab (and other crabs), sting ray, char kway teow, hokkien mee, BEE HOON etc etc.... Simply yum!

Thank you Vanessa, for taking time out, and spent not just one, but a few days hanging out with me! To Vanessa's parents for treating me to a wonderful dinner filled with yummlicious crabs, yet again! Also to Andy, for taking me to all these interesting cafes and also our traditional coffee shops in Tiong Bahru and Katong. Masherah and Alifah - that was indeed one EPIC New Year's Eve gallivanting, counting down to the new year and recalling where we sat in class back in secondary school and no one remembers for sure! Joanna, Geraldine and Jessica - always good to see you girls for a great laugh. Amelia - finally we sisters reunite; and if all works out well we will meet again in April. And also to Dee - can't believe our friendship started two years ago in a guesthouse in Seoul, the only two Singaporeans in the house, and we hit if off right away! Great to catch up with you again. Oh, and Bertram too - thanks for showing us how to play "Cards against humanity! And lastly, to Weili and Munmun from QPS: OMG  I cannot believe we are finally meeting up after 19 YEARS! None of us has changed. We will definitely have to catch up again when I next get back.

And most importantly, to my beloved parents - thank you for your time with me when I was back. Really appreciate it. I love you!

Mum doesn't like her pic to be uploaded on social media (or the internet for that matter) so I decided to omit a family pic. The collage below is also a random.





2014 was a good year, although filled with ups and downs, but isn't that what life is in general?

Best Moments in 2014:
1. Getting my own house
2. Finally making it to NZ in May
3. Surprise birthday mini celebration at a Korean restaurant
4. Jay's and Masherah's visits to Melbourne
5. Fun in Korea/Singapore 

Worst Moments in 2014:
1. Parting with Ibi
2. A dear colleague/friend lost her baby
3. Realising that knowing this "person" is actually a mistake. We are still friends though
4. Unable to really save up because of moving house and also dental ops - so I am actually rather poor right now.
5. Disasters around the world - Aviation disasters, war, democracy protests, floods, terrorism threats, innocent murders, slowing economy.... when is the list ever gonna end?


For 2015, I did not really make any definite resolutions, but there are things I want, or wish to accomplish:
1. Another step up in my career
2. Save more money - especially to contribute towards my house
3. Lose 5kg
4. Healthier lifestyle - other than my current fitness regime at the gyms, I need to cut eating junk!
5. Run the half marathon in October, and perhaps also another 15km run.
6. Further improve my Korean language skills. That is not all, I also need to constantly polish my English and Chinese language, as well as use Cantonese as frequently as I can so they don't get rusty.
7. If #2 can be accomplished, I wish to do more traveling at the end of the year.
8. If #2 can be accomplished, and #7 can be done, I want to adopt a kitten/puppy. 


And so, that concludes my lengthy first post of the year. I will try to come back more often to blog if work doesn't get in the way too much.

Comments

Popular Posts