Completed my run!
Completed my run last Sunday!
10km in slightly under an hour. I feel quite proud of
myself.
In fact, after the 10km was over, I got this “this is not
enough!” feeling. I should have just forked out that $110 and run the 21km half
marathon! I had the capacity to keep on running, and it would have be more
challenging if I did that. So I told myself, next year, I am definitely IN for
that half marathon.
Eventually, when I have trained myself to be even fitter, I
think I may even challenge myself for a full marathon. But that will have to be
a long-term goal. 42km is extremely difficult. A lot of training is needed to
achieve that, so I will not be too ambitious right now.
The only tiring thing about Sunday was the waking up early
in the morning – 5.30am. This is probably nothing to many people, but for me, I
never, ever wake before 7am in the morning. Very occasionally I may have to get
up at 6.30am, but the last time I did that was a long time ago. Plus, I had an
interrupted sleep. Went to bed on Saturday night at 10.30pm, but woke up at 1am
after a nightmare, then again at 4am after another nightmare. Two nightmares in
a row, I reluctantly woke up at 5.30am, washed up, slipped into my gym wear,
had breakfast, and left home at 6.40am. I was feeling really sleepy prior to
the run. Luckily I had coffee with my breakfast.
Once I got to the starting line, I started to wake up. The
real thing is starting! The run was supposed to start at 7.30am but by the time
we were all ready and assembled, we officially started running at 7.45am. There
were more than 34,000 runners across all the different runs. After crossing the
start line, I took 30 seconds to gradually increase my walking pace and then
off I went.
I did not stop. Kept on going. At drink stations, volunteers
handed out cups of water, where I will slow down for 5 seconds to gulp the
water down before setting off again. I slowed down and jogged as my active
recovery, or I’d simply just run. To my surprise, I did not feel tired, nor did
I pant. I crossed the finishing line after 58minutes. When the finishing line
came in sight, I mustered all my remaining energy and made a mad dash as if I
was racing.
After coming to a complete stop, my legs felt a little numb.
But I regained composure after a while and walked around the MCG trying to
locate my housemate, who was there to cheer me and another of her friend who
was doing the half marathon. I hanged around the MCG for a while and left at
10.30am so I can get home to get ready and get out to a lunch party.
Got my medal after the run too! It was a good run, and good
fun! I am thinking of doing the City to Surf run next month actually, and that
one is 15km. Still thinking if I should do it.
Next year I am definitely doing the half marathon. Until
then, I have one year to train up. WOOT!

Comments