My little 安樂窩

Nearly 2 months since I have moved into this little pigeon hole, I have now more or less adjusted to this new life. New environment, new routine, new house, and a new way of life - living on my own and without a cat.

Actually, minus living my life without Ibi, I really love my new life. Living on my own has so many advantages - simply just setting my own rules! I don't have to share bathroom with anyone, I don't have to shape my life around anyone, I don't have to care for anyone. It is just my own space, my own rules, my own time and my own freedom!

I have also set up my little house so it is more homely now. Of course over time it gets messy, until I do my next round of cleaning up it will be a bit a lot neater til I mess it up again. Anyway, below shows a few pictures of my new home.... in its "messier" state (though not messiest) yet.

Starting off with my kitchen... It's an open-plan one bedder, and it's a fantastic kitchen other than the fact that I am stuck with electric stoves and I really hate them! I mean, I have used gas stoves all my life, and to be honest I had no idea how to use an electric stove! It is so hard cooking not knowing if I may have over- or under-cooked something. Luckily I hardly cook so it is not my biggest pain ever, but I think gas stoves will be nicer-to-have!

Living room - with my sofa-bed, desk, and my laundry still hanging out (though only partially visible here). You can also see the main door with intercom and my shoe rack behind. Shows how small my apartment is!
Where I would spend my nights streaming dramas from my laptop via an HDMI cable to my TV.... I do not have a balcony, unfortunately, so for the moment my laundry is hung like that. Undesirable but what can I do?
Ignore my jacket that is placed messily on my couch.... I simply just returned home, took my jacket off and not bothered putting away properly. So typical me!
My bed... Always the most comfortable place on earth!

Random stuff in my bedroom.... Bookshelf, my basket of cardigans (yes I have so many of them cuz I love cardigans and wear them heaps!), laundry basket, and a couple of other random boxes I haven't quite put away....

A wardrobe too tiny to house all my clothes. I still have some stowed away in the storeroom. And when winter comes I will have to keep some of the clothes I currently have in my wardrobe to make space for my winter wear. I need a bigger wardrobe!!!

No matter how I like this place, it is still rented, and will be temporary. Hopefully within this year I can find a place to buy and call MY OWN. The really good thing about this current apartment is its prime location. There really is nothing to complain about where I am when I am so damn close to everything!

Anyway, Happy Easter to all! Australia has four days of public holidays, and then back to work for three days before we have another public holiday (Anzac Day) on Friday (25/4). I guess this will be the last long break we have until Christmas! Til my next blog entry, whenever that is, have a good and relaxing break, peeps!!

Comments

Popular Posts