Best and Worst Half-Yearly Report

Alright... I have been doing some business planning recently thus explaining this really weird title. But either way, thanks to my extreme lackadaisicalness I haven't been updating for nearly a month now. Wow.

The best thing that has happened so far this year cannot be better than this: I have finally OBTAINED MY PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN AUSTRALIA!!! This just happened yesterday (MON 17/6) when I received a call from my agent just as soon as I've opened my email and found the very delightful piece of unread email in my inbox. I almost cheered audibly enough to annoy the whole office.

Three years passed and I can finally put a big fat full stop to this. After going through the massive headaches, endless worries, troubles collecting documents and paying heaps of money to the government and agent, this has all finally come to an end.

Mom and Dad were elated when I told them the good news. Of course they will be. Mom wants me to get my PR more than anyone else. More than me, in fact. It doesn't really matter to me if I get it or not, though in the past two years or so I wanted to get it given all the troubles I've been through it will be an utter shame that all my efforts and money have gone down the drain, wasted.

Getting my PR entails no difference from before obtaining my PR. I am working full-time, have my own life here and everything else stays the same. Well, almost. Of course there are obvious differences - 1) I can travel anytime without having to apply for a different bridging visa for $120; 2) I am eligible for government grant if I buy a house; 3) I get paid to sit at home, unemployed; 4) I can go overseas anytime now and stay for 2 years if I choose to - as long as I stay in Australia for 3 consecutive years out of the 5 years I will be fine. In some ways I have opened more options for myself, which is great! If I decide to go back to Singapore, or go to Korea, I can do so now.


And,

The worst thing that has happened to me is... to "lose" two really dear friends of mine.

I don't know if I have actually lost them to be honest. There were no confrontations, conversations, discomfort, arguments, disagreements.... We ended our last meeting almost a year ago happy. I do not recall having said, or done anything that could have offended them in any way. And if I really really did, they know me well enough to know that I have a straightforward and blunt personality so I usually speak my mind. In other words, they would know that I have no ill intentions. And IF I really did offend them, they would let me know, usually. So I really don't know what happened. And I am not feeling good about this whole issue.

They have not been replying me on text, Facebook etc. They never forget my birthday, but I did not hear anything from them this year. One of them (they are sisters by the way) celebrates her birthday on 16 May. I text-ed her my wishes, but no reply. On one occasion I bumped into the both of them near my school, and we chit-chatted. They said they are too lazy to reply messages, and they are avoiding going out because they want to save money. They said "Don't be silly, it has nothing to do with you at all!" but I am somewhat not reassured, and am very skeptical.
 

In my opinion, I am not forcing anyone to come out for a catch-up or anything. You have a right to not come out if you choose not to. But at least give a reply? "Sorry, I can't come out", or "I don't really feel like going out", or "Maybe next time" replies are all better than simply ignoring the person, am I not right? The reason why I am feeling like this whole thing is my fault is because I've been ignored for no reason at all.

I know they have had some troubles with their family back in their home country and they were not very willing to share. I remember sensing their change when they returned from a trip back home. And then they were other ongoing problems that they were experiencing that I am aware of. But I feel bruised that these issues are eating into our friendship. I hope to be there for them even if I have no capabilities to solve any of their problems, but at least I hope I am "friend" enough to have this "privilege" to stay close to them, and be there for them if they need (or maybe they just do not need any support??).

I don't really know the solution to this. I have tried, and tried, and tried, to contact them several times in hopes that they will at least respond, but so far to no avail. I guess, I have "lost" them until they have decided to contact me back. That saddens me because I value the friendship I have with them, and losing them will be really be the most terrible thing.


On a more positive note,


Upcoming: I would like to think of my next traveling destination! Half of June's already gone, and I was intending to travel in September or October. I haven't even planned where. Maybe Thailand and Vietnam? And definitely December I will go back home and most likely Korea again. The thought of traveling keeps me going. My only issue is with every travel my saving depletes. OUCH. 


'Til I write again, that's all from moi now. 


Comments

Popular Posts