A low-down on March 2013

Time really flies! Before we know it, it's already April. A quarter of the year is gone. And I am dreading the fact that I am becoming of 'age' soon next month. Anyway, I was really tardy with updates in March, so I will give a quick low-down of the month. 

I am really 'saddened' that this is the last of the long holidays Australia has to offer.... until Christmas. We have four days of Easter break, and it ends today. And the four days just whizzed right past like that, and tomorrow would be back to work for us.... SAD!

Had so much fun at Lakes Entrance fishing and crabbing. Of course, I cannot say I enjoy fishing as much as crabbing because no matter how many times I tried, I caught absolutely nothing. It was my first time fishing, so one of my friends who has more experience taught me how to lock and unlock the rod, casting and reeling the fishing rod if I see the ball moving (meaning there's a catch!). It was interesting to learn these although I felt kinda sian after a while because I am not catching anything. In the end I walked around Lake Tyler for a while with the girls, while the boys continue fishing. They caught five small fishes. Not even enough to share amongst seven people.

But because the fishes were caught fresh and we grilled on that very day, the flesh was so fresh and sweet it tasted so good!! We didn't even add any seasoning, other than grilling them with figs. I don't know if I've ever tasted anything this fresh! 


Catch of the day. 

At Lake Tyler in Lakes Entrance 

The next day was a lot more fun. We rented a boat and drove out into the wider lake to do some crabbing. Oh my, we caught so many crabs amongst us! I myself caught like 10 crabs or something, and all of us caught more than 30 crabs, some we threw back into the ocean because they are female crabs with eggs on them. 


Our crabs getting cosy with each other in our esky. 


Dinner was sumptuous. I took 6 crabs home with me and my housemates helped to kill and cook them. I haven't cooked a crab before so I was clueless, but I did help to clean the crab, and set the table... 


Stir-fried brabs with ginger and spring onions

Steamed crabs 

March was actually not a bad month for me. We had the conference up in Gold Coast, Queensland in the beginning of the month which was half boring (during the conference) and half fun (at the parties). That was my first ever conference that requires me to travel somewhere - even though it was only interstate - and it was a good exposure and I got to meet lots of people too. Only thing is we didn't have time to travel the Gold Coast, which was a pity, but I wasn't too sad about that since I've been there before. We did however, get to walk around Surfer's Paradise before leaving on a late arvo flight on the third and last day of our conference, so that was sort of like a consolation. The weather wasn't too good up the Gold Coast anyway, and some parts of Queensland were flooded because of non-stop rain. Gold Coast wasn't flooded but it was rainy as well so the beach looks a little gloomier than usual. 


At the beach at Surfer's Paradise
With close colleagues cum friends Kessie and Mell at our dinner table during our Casino Royale party. We were later joined by a few other people from Sydney, and also my manager, Stephen at our table. 


Almost a five-star hotel - QT hotel - very nice rooms and I was so lucky to get a room facing the sea! 

Another party supposedly by the poolside, but because it was raining we brought it indoors. I drank so much that night I ended up vomiting after returning to my room. Not very pretty, but it was a fun party nonetheless. 

And my favourite photo at the conference - group photo of everyone of us from both Sydney and Melbourne offices. 


Group photo. Love it! 


We also had a gathering from Korean class peeps at Cathy's house. Got to meet Roland and Chiria's second child, 3 months old now, Chantelle. She is so cute!!! Chiria's mom also tagged along, and she seemed to like talking to me in her thick Korean accent [and no, she doesn't speak English]. Luckily I understood her without a lot of trouble, though many of my other friends were struggling to understand her. I think I got a little better with honorific Korean as well, so I can speak to my elders in a more formal way (more than the basic polite way). Cathy whipped up a really yummylicious dinner of dishes of all sorts - all angmoh style if I must use a word to describe. Had fun socialising with new classmates as well as playing with the kids. 


First up, let me introduce Johnny. This dog is always ready to spread his love to everyone and anyone. He was jumping up at me the moment I started to give him a cuddle and wanted to lick me on the face (and I was trying to avoid that but he eventually got to lick my nose). I felt so loved by him! That is why I love dogs so much because they are always so generous to give their love and protection. <3 font="">


I got to cuddle Chantelle!! She was pretty good in my arms until hse started to feel really hot and started to cry a little then I passed her back to Chiria.
Our Korean teacher Ms Cho was seated beside me. And Chiria was on the edge of the sofa beside our teacher. 

Food made by Cathy, excluding the desserts (pavlova!) and fruit platters after the meal. 

LENA!! She was really adorable, but she cries so much! Feisty and with character, I wonder who she resembles - Tony? Mary? She even scratched her older brother Nathan on the cheek, leaving a mark on his face.
She only got better when she familiarised with herself in Cathy's house and stopped crying, but that was already towards the end of the night. I couldn't even carry her without having her bawling her eyes out... -_-;;

Ji Hoo or Mitchell - Chiria and Roland's first child. He's another adorable one. I asked him "What's your name?" and he replied me after a few prompts from his dad, "I am Ji Hoon Name!"
Haha... whatever that means dear little one! :P 

And another of my favourite kid, Nathan!
This boy is so smart! Cathy has a basket of fake fruits and veggies, which he took all out to play. I called out to him the names of all the different fruits and veggies in English, Korean and Mandarin, and he was able to bring me the correct fruit. Didn't even make a mistake!
He's trilingual! Who knows what he will pick up later on when he grows up. I'm envious of this 5-year-old! :P

Most of my other March events were pretty minor - cafe exploring either by myself, or with friends; eating out with friends; work and more work. Oh, and I went to the Australian Grand Prix with some colleagues after work (because one of my colleagues had free tix!). It was the first day of the race, so there weren't any official races except a lot of car testing. I saw Holden Commodores, Mazda6, Mercedes A-Class and Ford Falcon that day. And also vintage race car exhibits, as well as new cars such as Infiniti, Renault and Lamborghini... just to name a few. It was rather interesting actually as it was my first time entering the actual race vicinity (which was held at Albert Park). 


Races haven't quite started, but then it was already like 7pm that this photo was taken so there weren't any spectators around (anymore)

No good shots of the car tests. Only fencing, ground staff and people taking photos. The real 'photos' are in my head. 

And my dream car... the Renault Megane. This car costs so much... i don't know if I can ever afford it. 


Anyway, it is now 1am so I really have to go to bed. This is really a much "better-looking" post with picture and all I'd say.... at least, when compared to my other 'dry' posts I am actually more 'bothered' to spend some time making this blog post. Until my next post, have a fantastic April~~ 

Comments

Popular Posts