The Holiday Poem
Opened my eyes to welcome November,
Where I hope it would be a better month compared to October.
Spring has arrived and the birds are singing,
Looking forward to the better times the future will be bringing.
Barely two months left to commence my journey.
Just the thought of it is enough to get my heart racing.
Oh why is life here so increasingly boring,
Gone with the wind are the younger days' glory.
Work and adulthood are so grump and gray,
Life has the word "stress" sprawled over every single day.
So much so that built all these incessant cravings,
A need to rejuvenate, pamper and travel thus depleting my savings.
To foreign destinations we run to have some fun,
To go to the beach and picnic under the sun.
Traveling the world to chill and relax,
Taking in splendid views and enjoying to the max.
Immersing myself with the culture of other countries,
Enriching myself with the world that has no boundaries.
Meeting new people and making new friends,
Enlarging my social circle and make some exciting plans!
Tasting different food and thus expanding sideways,
Drinking heaps of booze but without going astray.
Taking pretty pictures to retain the memories,
Shopping til you drop without any worries.
Learning the history that shaped a nation,
Behaving like a local unless you decide to mention.
Temples, museums, gardens and parks.
Cafes, restaurants, eateries and pubs.
Maps, luggage, hotels and trains,
Flights, airports, passports and planes.
Oh November would you fly pass me,
Even though I know you have fun lined up so I won't just be home watching TV.
Counting down to the days I will depart,
I don't really know the current exact location of my heart.
Time will fly me pass, I pray,
So til then be focused I should stay!
Comments