Fast approaching
Incurred a huge hole in my pocket for making this purchase, however as I am touch typing on my brand-new ipad2 now making thus entry, I must admit I have indeed fallen in love with this tablet that I have been anticipating for such a long time.
After debating over whether I should get an iPad or the acer iconia, I finally decided on the iPad. Really digged the USB port and better cameras and resolution on the iconia, but owning an iPhone and having an Apple account for my apps probably make more sense if I get an iPad. Plus it is really light and easy to be carried around, and with an easy start-up as well as it's fantastic apps. If I travel overseas I don't have to carry all the chargers with me either, and it fits in my bag easily. Easy and convenient.
No doubt, we know that tablets can not (yet) replace the computers, but it's good enough for mobile usage. At least that's one of the main reasons why I chose to get a tablet.
Anyway, having said that, there is only 6 weeks or so left before I leave for my holidays! Really excited yet I am not feeling that the wait is agonizing cuz I am always so busy it is impossible to feel the pain. There may be slight changes to my itinerary because there is a high chance I will be going to Taiwan with mommy to visit our relatives. It has been a long while since I was last back. So I will most likely be in sg for 2.5 weeks and 1.5weeks in Taiwan. Tickets to taiwan are not booked yet though.
We are getting 2 nights off at the restaurant (applies to my senior, me and the 2 bosses) so I opted to have saturday nights off. Why? Cuz then I can get the whole day to myself! So the past few Saturdays that I had nights off, I hang out with friends after sleeping in during the day. Everything has been great. I loved meeting my friends and their children as well. Really love kids. Love playing with them, though I really am not confident if I have to actually look after them myself.
Zoe is lovely. She is too cute to be true. She always gives me so much love when we meet up. You cannot possibly not love her!
Then we have little Nathan, who is so active and cheeky! He clings on to Daniel all the time, and calling him 'Hyung' (older brother in Korean for boys) all the time (Daniel 'conned' Nathan to call him that!), and he talks to me in English, Korean and Mandarin.
From the same group of friends, we also have Mitchell, who just turned one end of September. Roland and Chiria held a birthday party for him on the 1st of October at Matthew Flinders Hotel in Holmesglen. Mitchell is TOO cute! He seems to like me a lot cuz he always smiles at me and lies comfortably in my arms when I held him.
One of my co-workers, Priscilla, will be going back to Singapore for good. At least for the time being. She came back for a week after having been in Singapore for a month, so that she can pack up and meet up with friends. On a Monday night that both me and Benise were off, we met up at Guhng with Priscilla, Saya and Chisato, for some Korean BBQ.
Take care now, Priscilla! Hopefully we can meet up when I go back to Singapore.
Meeting up with Jess was fun~ More Korean food for me at 7&7 in Carnegie, and ended with some sweets and dessert wine at Sugo in Malvern.
Vegetarian meals have never tasted this good at this Taiwanese place in Northcote, called Veggie Kitchen. Explored the place with Yongshan and Shu Yea after a day of shopping in the city. Had a great time together.
I guess there are heaps more happening in my life besides work and more work, however, I am too lazy to pen them down. That explains why I haven't been actively blogging these days. I used to update once or twice a week. Gradually that frequency changed to once a fortnight. Then once in 20 days or so. Now it seems like I can only squeeze in some time, and effort, to blog once a month. It is not that I have absolutely no free time to myself at home. I am always on the internet at home anyway. However, I have been so flat out everyday that I only want to watch dramas and not do anything that requires me to think too much (not that blogging kills my brain cells). Plus, I have been feeling so fatigue that all I have to do is to lie down for 1 second, I am off to la-la land. I guess I have worked too much. And played too much too.
Too much to say, and being a nanny-granny I can write forever, but for now, I have to sign off. 2.20am and still not in bed! Need to be up in 5 hours.
I hope it won't be too long before I make the next entry here.
After debating over whether I should get an iPad or the acer iconia, I finally decided on the iPad. Really digged the USB port and better cameras and resolution on the iconia, but owning an iPhone and having an Apple account for my apps probably make more sense if I get an iPad. Plus it is really light and easy to be carried around, and with an easy start-up as well as it's fantastic apps. If I travel overseas I don't have to carry all the chargers with me either, and it fits in my bag easily. Easy and convenient.
No doubt, we know that tablets can not (yet) replace the computers, but it's good enough for mobile usage. At least that's one of the main reasons why I chose to get a tablet.
Anyway, having said that, there is only 6 weeks or so left before I leave for my holidays! Really excited yet I am not feeling that the wait is agonizing cuz I am always so busy it is impossible to feel the pain. There may be slight changes to my itinerary because there is a high chance I will be going to Taiwan with mommy to visit our relatives. It has been a long while since I was last back. So I will most likely be in sg for 2.5 weeks and 1.5weeks in Taiwan. Tickets to taiwan are not booked yet though.
We are getting 2 nights off at the restaurant (applies to my senior, me and the 2 bosses) so I opted to have saturday nights off. Why? Cuz then I can get the whole day to myself! So the past few Saturdays that I had nights off, I hang out with friends after sleeping in during the day. Everything has been great. I loved meeting my friends and their children as well. Really love kids. Love playing with them, though I really am not confident if I have to actually look after them myself.
Zoe is lovely. She is too cute to be true. She always gives me so much love when we meet up. You cannot possibly not love her!
| We met up to catch a diabolo performance celebrating the establishment of Republic of China (Taiwan) for 100 years. |
Then we have little Nathan, who is so active and cheeky! He clings on to Daniel all the time, and calling him 'Hyung' (older brother in Korean for boys) all the time (Daniel 'conned' Nathan to call him that!), and he talks to me in English, Korean and Mandarin.
From the same group of friends, we also have Mitchell, who just turned one end of September. Roland and Chiria held a birthday party for him on the 1st of October at Matthew Flinders Hotel in Holmesglen. Mitchell is TOO cute! He seems to like me a lot cuz he always smiles at me and lies comfortably in my arms when I held him.
| Gathering at Tony and Mary's new place in Box Hill. Mary whipped up the entire table filled with Korean and western delicacies. Also celebrated Daniel's birthday at their place. |
One of my co-workers, Priscilla, will be going back to Singapore for good. At least for the time being. She came back for a week after having been in Singapore for a month, so that she can pack up and meet up with friends. On a Monday night that both me and Benise were off, we met up at Guhng with Priscilla, Saya and Chisato, for some Korean BBQ.
Take care now, Priscilla! Hopefully we can meet up when I go back to Singapore.
| Korean BBQ at Guhng, over our BYO shiraz. |
Meeting up with Jess was fun~ More Korean food for me at 7&7 in Carnegie, and ended with some sweets and dessert wine at Sugo in Malvern.
Vegetarian meals have never tasted this good at this Taiwanese place in Northcote, called Veggie Kitchen. Explored the place with Yongshan and Shu Yea after a day of shopping in the city. Had a great time together.
| Food galore with Jess. Lovely girl she is. |
| Stopped for chocolates at Koko Black in Kings Arcade Loved these photos. They all turn out really well! |
Too much to say, and being a nanny-granny I can write forever, but for now, I have to sign off. 2.20am and still not in bed! Need to be up in 5 hours.
I hope it won't be too long before I make the next entry here.
Comments