Pay Rise

After lunch (and also our staff lunch) on Friday, our 2 bosses Gen-san and Ni-san asked me to sit down with them for a talk. My initial reaction was "What did I do wrong?! Am I to be blame over something?!" Especially so that one of our colleagues has resigned due to unhappiness with the people he's working with - referring all the rest of us. Yes, this was brought up during the conversation, but it wasn't an accusation. Just an advice on how I can be leading the rest of the team.

The moment I sat down, Gen-san congratulated me cuz he and Ni-san thought I deserve a pay rise for the work I've been doing. He said that he is so far happy with what I've been doing, and even though I will be going on a long holiday soon, I still deserve a pay rise. However, pay rise always comes with a lot more responsibilities. He wants me to back Benise up cuz she has many things to do. He wants me to effectively lead the team at work. He wants me to constantly to do a lot of checking - checking anything, and everything. With all these added stress being piled on me with the pay rise, I nearly told my bosses this - "Please just let my pay be the same instead.... I don't really want to do all these.......!" :'(

I work 3 lunches a week now, and 6 dinners. So tiring...... I felt like puking everyday I wake up and think that I need to go to work... Quote Subong when we talked on FB chat: "Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" Really... People who has ever worked in the hospitality or F&B industry will know that I am seriously killing myself slowly... I have NO LIFE whatsoever. Except for maybe having fun breaks in between lunch and dinner shifts, and after work suppers.

Ever since that crazy lunch episode I have had 3 months ago, and it was only me handling that lunch shift, Ni-san has imposed a new rule for lunch shifts - there will be 2 service staff handling lunch from Tue-Fri. Therefore these days I get someone to work with me. I like working with either Yiyi or Ryo. With Yiyi, we always go sourcing for a good cafe near our restaurant. With Ryo and his sweet tooth, we always ended up going for ice-cream or apple crumble. Worked lunch with Ryo on Friday and we went for apple crumble at La Via (my recommendations). And we happened to finish work together at 9pm afterwards so we dived into AOBA for dinner and dessert. Our staff dinner that day wasn't good - curry - YET AGAIN... AOBA was very tempting when we walked past. The boss there gave us free desserts again. YUMMY!!!!

Photobucket
Apple crumble at La Via... Still in our work clothes
And I made the 2 coffees in the last picture there...

Photobucket
Dinner and dessert @ AOBA


Then on Wednesday I did lunch with Cissy, and we finished together at 9-ish. Cissy offered to send me home, but we have to wait for Evan (her bf) to finish work. So we went over to Giorgios for some light bite and cocktails!

Photobucket
yummy!!

Photobucket
The girls


Sozai will close for lunches but open for only dinners over the Christmas period and the new year. So I won't have to work lunches for about 3 weeks or so. HOORAY!! At least I don't have to wake up early, which I hate to! :) 

Comments

am I supposed to congratulate u or sigh for u due to the overwhelming added responsibilities that comes with the increase cash flow???
Clarice said…
haha... well i welcome the cash. who doesn't? it's just that i really don't wanna work this hard for something i don't wanna do at all.... oh well... i'llt ry, then i will go for my holidays. haha

Popular Posts